• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What launcher do you use?

What launcher do you use the most?

• Touch Wiz (stock)

Votes: 45 15.2%
  • Launcher Pro

Votes: 203 68.6%
  • ADW.Launcher

Votes: 32 10.8%
  • Other (post in thread)

Votes: 16 5.4%

• Total voters
I found Zeam to be one of the best and fastest. It comes stripped down and you can add what you want. I loaded and uninstalled LauncherPro 3 or 4 times. It seemed to work fine for a few days, then it would start FC'n and lagging.
They just came out with an update, but I'm having problems with it (dock is gone!), so I reinstalled the previous version via Titanium Backup. The Zeam team is on XDA. I haven't had the time to research what is going on yet.

Edit:
Zeam posted an update, with a few more features and even faster.

Upvote 0
You call that minimalist?

I have one home screen, one dock only. Two widgets on home screen: news and engadget. Two widgets in notification bar: temperature and battery level.

Now THAT is minimalist.

Just the icons I use the most. All I need at one glance.

I've never even turned my phone on so I have zero home screens and zero docks.

The *ultimate* in minimalism.

:D

Upvote 0
I use the free version of Launcher Pro, and I love it. i avoid social networking like the plague, so the widgets in the paid version are useless to me. Every other feature, I love. Have had zero lag using it and so much faster than touchwiz. I'd give it 3 thumbs up... if I had a 3rd thumb. I've tried a dozen others and always come back to Launcher Pro.

Reactions: emoorman
Upvote 0
I use the free version of Launcher Pro, and I love it. i avoid social networking like the plague, so the widgets in the paid version are useless to me. Every other feature, I love. Have had zero lag using it and so much faster than touchwiz. I'd give it 3 thumbs up... if I had a 3rd thumb. I've tried a dozen others and always come back to Launcher Pro.

The only things I see that are different, or that are improvements, are the customizable dock and the vertical app drawer. Those are nice, but I'm not really sure they're worth running a launcher over a launcher to achieve.

I don't care that much about which direction the apps scroll or how the dock looks or behaves. They seem like rather luxurious items (read: not worth the expended resources).

Upvote 0
LauncherPro for me. I've tried ADW and Zeam also. ADW was okay, but I kept wanting to use LP. I probably would use Zeam if it allowed you the option to prevent wallpaper scrolling.

Pluses for LaucherPro for me:
1. Hiding Apps (ie bloatware) in App Drawer (top reason for not using TW)
2. Prevents wallpaper scrolling
3. Cool App Drawer Graphics.
4. Speed for opening App Drawer is MUCH faster than TouchWiz (top reason for not using TW)
5. Dock (Top reason for not using TW)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones