• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What launcher do you use?

What launcher do you use the most?

• Touch Wiz (stock)

Votes: 45 15.2%
  • Launcher Pro

Votes: 203 68.6%
  • ADW.Launcher

Votes: 32 10.8%
  • Other (post in thread)

Votes: 16 5.4%

• Total voters
I love launcher pro for three main reasons:

1. Can go landscape on homescreens.
2. Can hide apps in the appdrawer
3. (and best) Multiple docks means I can have a very minimalist phone. I'm down to 3 homescreens and I'm about to free up some more space as there's a widget I no longer use. =)

I have like 4 docks, but only two screens, black background and on my main screen i just have the Textoclock app and cubed small
second screen i have gofb chat and a couple frequent contacts. Oh and my docks are all text only. very clean, ill try to take some screenshots this evening.

Upvote 0
Okay, let me say first that I am extremely new, to Android. (Got my Captivate ~month ago) I recently installed Launcher Pro, and kind of like it, but Touchwiz is really nice, too. I'm kind of OCD, so once I have something I don't like it to change, which is why I'm a little wary of Launcher Pro. I don't really know what it means to "hide it in the app drawer," or anything. (At this point I realize I'm really just asking for help, sorry) I don't want to flash anything on to the phone, because I didn't buy it and am not paying for it. (I never use the GPS and am content with 2.1 as of now) I was wondering though, I see people with really cool custom wallpapers, and I don't know where they get them. Any help with that? (Gosh this is a stupid post, I'm just ranting) If someone could help me learn what all I could do with this, that would be great, and I would then see which I prefer, Launcher Pro or Touchwiz. (Tried ADW and thought it was bleh)

Upvote 0
Okay, let me say first that I am extremely new, to Android. (Got my Captivate ~month ago) I recently installed Launcher Pro, and kind of like it, but Touchwiz is really nice, too. I'm kind of OCD, so once I have something I don't like it to change, which is why I'm a little wary of Launcher Pro. I don't really know what it means to "hide it in the app drawer," or anything. (At this point I realize I'm really just asking for help, sorry) I don't want to flash anything on to the phone, because I didn't buy it and am not paying for it. (I never use the GPS and am content with 2.1 as of now) I was wondering though, I see people with really cool custom wallpapers, and I don't know where they get them. Any help with that? (Gosh this is a stupid post, I'm just ranting) If someone could help me learn what all I could do with this, that would be great, and I would then see which I prefer, Launcher Pro or Touchwiz. (Tried ADW and thought it was bleh)

For a start, you might want to see what other people are doing and get ideas from them. Most of the phone forums have their own 'show us your home screen' thread here are some examples. These are great places to get ideas on how to set up your home screens and what widgets are interesting. If you see anything you like, if the post isn't too old, ask the person. If you're starting from the beginning, your question might have already been ask. http://androidforums.com/android-themes/4425-post-your-android-desktop.html
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/124658-what-do-your-x-screens-look-like.html
http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/84650-show-us-your-desire-homescreens.html
http://androidforums.com/samsung-vibrant/170514-post-your-vibrant-screenshots.html

There are quite a number of threads that members post their wallpaper. In the Theme Forum, there's a thread by eyebeam, where he will make a wallpaper for you :)

You can customize you phone to a great extent without the need to root it for theming. It's not FULL theming but if you're not rooted, it's sufficient.

Reactions: JRank
Upvote 0
It does. It also causes my live wallpapers to freeze.

You do know that when you use other launchers, touch wiz strays running in the background at all times.

Prefer and use LauncherPro Plus out of all the others I've tried, been LPP for months now.

+1, I keep seeing posts saying that it doesn't if you set the other to default but from checking and watching with logcat that it re enables after every reboot and stays there until you try to kill it, TiBu works best, or remove it from the app directory, /system/app/TouchWiz30Launcher.apk or rename it with .bak, .bolf, etc. then reboot. You'll find that any 3rd party launcher runs much better. :cool:

Upvote 0
I really like Go Launcher. It's fast and operates close to the way TouchWiz does. Try it if you like TouchWiz but you need to find another launcher because you're changing roms all the time or whatever. ADW was also ok, except it's much slower than Go.

I never liked how Launcher Pro had no 'scrollbar' indication in the app drawer. That really annoys me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones