• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Next Android Version My Tablet Support

Hi All Android Forum Member,

I am a newbie here and not too much technical guy. So please help with my some basic query.

I am using Byond Mi-book Mi3, which is probably 3 to 4 years old and the configuration are mention below.

1. 7-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive multi-touch display
2. Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
3. 1.2 GHz Cortex A8 processor
4. 2MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera
5. 3.5mm audio jack
6. 3G (via Dongle), WiFi, USB 2.0, HDMI
7. 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory , 32GB expandable memory with microSD
8. 3200 mAh battery

My question are following,

1. Does it support android 4.1 or later.
2. When I click on version update option in the setting, it ask for search the updates in nano storage (means no update option has been given from company through internet)
3. So how I can check the Android version compatibility in my tablet.
4. Also please tell me how I can update my tablet with simple steps. (This question because I am not too much technical guy)

Welcome to the forum :)

The important thing to know is that Android has to be built for the specific device (this is normal for mobile operating systems). There is no "generic Android release" which you can install on any phone or tablet. Google only release the base OS code, and the manufacturer has to use this as the basis for their software release.

So to update your tablet you have 2 options:

1) If the manufacturer does produce an update it will be available via the Software Updates menu. To be honest if you have a 3+ year old device which is still running ICS and there is no update even to 4.1 available, I do not think this is going to happen.

2) If an enthusiast has built a more recent Android ROM for this device (a "custom ROM") then you could install that. This requires rooting the device (modifying the software to gain administrator access), or at least installing a custom recovery, which can be used to install unsigned updates to the device. How you root a device depends on the device, and for an obscure device it is quite possible that nobody has built a custom ROM or even a custom recovery - I would advise searching to see whether these things exist for this tablet before attempting to root it.

I'm sorry I can't offer the solution you are looking for, but that is not the way that phones or tablets work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones