• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What phone did you come from? Favorite Company?

I started on Commnet Cellular (now Verizon) [ANALOG]
1. Motorola Microtac 650e
2. Nokia 252

Went to CellularOne (now Alltel/AT&T here) for 2 months (let me outta contract because of crappy service) [ANALOG]
3. Nokia 252

Came back and CommNet was Verizon Wireless [DIGITAL]
4. Nokia 5885i
5. Motorola Timeport P8767 (silver StarTac with 3 color display)
6. Motorola v60i
7. Motorola v265 (horrible, they let me upgrade after 3 lemons to..
8. Motorola v276 (better than the v265, but only slightly)
9. Motorola v325i
10. Motorola w385
11. Motorola w755
12. LG Dare (horrible touchscreen and reception, had it for 1 day)
13. Motorola w766 Entice
14. HTC Incredible

Most all of the phones I've had have been Moto flips, not a lot of features, had great call quality, and so so battery life. The Nokias I had weren't as good on call quality, but had amazing battery life.

Always with some iteration of Verizon (except for 2 months elsewhere). Most of the time I had cellular service I was in a major city (for this state anyway). There were other choices Alltel, Sprint/Nextel, Unicell, but none had the coverage like Verizon (Alltel was 2nd, Sprint 3rd, and Unicell only had coverage in that city). Plus, at the time when I looked at Sprint (5-6 years ago) they were charging around 70 cents/ min to roam, which would've been on Verizon.

Funny thing is, the extended battery for my first phone was about the size and weight of two Incredibles stacked on top of each other. That phone was analog with a 7 segment diplay (think most digital alarm clocks) and allowed for a whopping 2 speed dials! So, progress has been made!:D

Upvote 0
I loved palm all the way back to the palm III. When they finally added a phone I was overjoyed.Verizon sent me an HTC Ozone when my Palm Centrino went kaput. I loved the Ozone but hated that it didn't have a touch screen.

Favorite Phone DINC I think I may actually make it 2 years with this one
Favorite Provider Verizon
Favorite Manufacturer HTC I like the build quality of my Ozone and think the DINC is a solid phone.

Upvote 0
My first phone was a motorola v325, god that thing was slow. I then got an LG VX8300 and that thing was a tank. I absolutely loved it. When the LG Dare came out though, I got that on the day it launched. It was great initially but then found so many quirks about the phone became absolutely unbearable which lead me to trade a friend for an Envy 3 in march. What a mistake. The phone crashed constantly, upwards of ten times a day. It was unbearable, but i knew I had to stick it out until the next line of android came to Verizon. Got the incredible from best buy on 5/2 as a birthday present to myself, i absolutely love this phone.

So to summarize
Worst manufacturer (surprised im saying this): LG
Best build quality: LG VX8300, it was a tank
Favorite phone: Incredible by so far its not even funny, any thing i didn't like about the phone software wise i downloaded an app that fixed it. I have no remnant of sense on my phone.

Upvote 0
Last three phones...

1) HTC Apache (Verizon XV6700)
2) Apple iPhone 3G
3) HTC Incredible

Loved all three of them.

In the two years I had my XV6700 I had it replaced near the end of that 2 year time because the hardware keyboard started having issues.

In the two years I had my iPhone, I had it replaced twice (3 phones total) and even my third phone has the same problem. Dust under the screen. Everything else was flawless hardware wise.

I'm on my second Incredible. My first one's camera kept freezing, and it would randomly reboot. I have not noticed either issue with the new one.

Not sure I have a favorite handset manufacture..

Upvote 0
My last phones in order were

Droid Eris
Moto Droid
BB 8330 (Sprint and still have and hate)
LG Dare
LG Voyger
LG 9900
LG 9800
RazR
Moto 850
That's about as far back as I can remember

I've always had Verizon but have had work phones with Tmobile, Cricket, AT&T and right now Sprint.

My favorite is definetly Verizon , Sprint being a close 2nd. Honestly if I wasn't on a fantastic Buisness plan with Verizon and I was getting a phone on my own I'd probably go with Sprint there coverage is just as good , there prices are less , and have great custom service (as does verizon imo) there only down fall is lack of phones. I don't really like any of there android phones.
Actually my list of favorites go like this

1. Verizon
2. Sprint
3. Cricket
4. Tmobile
5. AT&T / Cingular

Upvote 0
i also moved to the INC from the LG Dare. i liked the Dare it was a good little phone 2 years ago.

I loved my LG Dare had my first one for about 15months then got a replacment and it was all down hill from there was getting a replacment every 1-2 weeks for 4 months . Till the Droid came out and upgraded

I used the Dare for MP3 constantly , and it still lasted 2-4 days on one charge

Upvote 0
my last phone was an omnia and before that i had a voyager and was happy with both of those till i got the next... now that i have the incredible i miss some things my omnia could do that i would think android would but they dont.

i dont have a favorite manufacture bc all my phones where rather good

Upvote 0
Htc Incredible (Verizon) - love it
LG EnV Touch (Verizon) - decent but crippled by VZN so it doesn't compete with smart phones
LG VX8700 (Verizon) - decent flip
Motorola V710 (Verizon) - okay, but typical Motorola issues
Some old school color Nokia (Cingular) - the hotness back then
The first little Nokia that had snake (Suncom grandfathered to Cingular) - first cell phone

That's my history. Never had Cingular while they were with AT&T, but Cingular screwed me. Been with Verizon for 7 years and they've been great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones