• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What possible problems are there with the SGS from Bell? Thinking about trading from iPhone 4?

ColHavoc

Mar 6, 2010
Hi,

I currently have a iPhone 4 and I am debating on switching over to the Samsung Galaxy S from Bell. My iPhone works perfectly, I just miss some of the customization that I get with Android and the ability to use Swype.

Before I go to far into it, I was wondering if there are any issues I should watch out for with the SGS? Are there any major hardware failures or constant software glitches I should look out for?

Lots of problems, support from Samsung being the most major.

serious problems with GPS (although I've never had them)
Lag (most people have this although LAGfix sorts this out)
Still on 2.1, (no flash support until 2.2, the whole user base is waiting on the official release although some already have unoffical 2.2 running successfully)

If you are thinking of moving just for SWYPE, then it's not worth it.

My wife has had every iphone and they simply work. Android is completely different and often you find you have to invest some time to 'make' things work, however, the outcome of the effort can be worth it.

I love my SGS compared to the iphone, however, would I move from an iPhone 4 to SGS...I'd need a bigger reason than SWYPE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones