• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What ROM should I use?

dpshptl

Mar 30, 2010
I want to install a new ROM but not sure which one to use. I dont do much on the my phone so I dont need something fancy. I just want it to be stable and have all the features and function of my current stock ROM. I also want to be able to install the 1.8 ghz OC kernel. Can somene point me to where I can download the ROM.

Thanks

if you want it to have all of the features and functions including the TMO bloat/crapware then just leave the ROM you have and flash either Grankin's or Faux's OC kernels for stock/Sense both of which you can find on XDA-Developers.

However if you are wanting Stock appearance without all the B.S. then I would suggest TeamSilence's Ice-Glacier (I believe they are on version 1.1.6) it is stripped down/cleaned up and comes with an OC kernel built in, you'll just need to install SetCPU in order to change the OC settings.

If you want just Pure Sense then either eVil D's or Gr8Gorilla's Desire HD ports both come with OC kernel also

all of wich can be found HTC Glacier: myTouch 4G - xda-developers

Reactions: dpshptl
Upvote 0
Sure now the thing is it depends on you but ill give you few options and see which is better for you so you can decide. If you just want stable rom for daily usage for your device and not flash addict like us who flash it every night I suggest you flash Ice Glacier v1.1.6 which is good to go and has built in OC kernel so just install SetCPU and setup based on how you like it. But since you want 1.8ghz then I suggest you replace the Gorilla v0.5 kernel in IGv1.1.6 with Faux's 1.85ghz smartass kernel. The new kernel now has the governor smartass as it does the basic thinking for you which we had to manually setup using profile before. But if you don't want none of that and would like to still use IGv1.1.6 then I can tell you howto setup the profiles.

Now here comes the extreme part now if you want upto date stable rom and you are flash addict like us who will flash new rom every day if not every 2-3nights then I suggest strongly you flash CyanogenMod7 Nightlies which is based on AOSP 2.3 Gingerbread. New build comes down the pipe almost everynight but you don't have to flash it everyday you can skip it make it once a week at least :p in that case I still say you replace the kernel with dumfaq's smartass cmkernel which will give you 1.8ghz with smartass governor.

Just keep in mind you are fully rooted before you attempt to install rom as caution. Also when you flash new kernel make sure you only flash the version for what you have as they do have stock, cm based kernel which won't work if you use it wrong. I suggest you keep rom.zip in root of your sdcard so if you get stuck on bootloop while attempting to flash kernel then you can revert it back by using nandroid backup from recovery or just by reflashing the rom, but if you still need any help let me know.

Reactions: dpshptl
Upvote 0
Sure now the thing is it depends on you but ill give you few options and see which is better for you so you can decide. If you just want stable rom for daily usage for your device and not flash addict like us who flash it every night I suggest you flash Ice Glacier v1.1.6 which is good to go and has built in OC kernel so just install SetCPU and setup based on how you like it. But since you want 1.8ghz then I suggest you replace the Gorilla v0.5 kernel in IGv1.1.6 with Faux's 1.85ghz smartass kernel. The new kernel now has the governor smartass as it does the basic thinking for you which we had to manually setup using profile before. But if you don't want none of that and would like to still use IGv1.1.6 then I can tell you howto setup the profiles.

Now here comes the extreme part now if you want upto date stable rom and you are flash addict like us who will flash new rom every day if not every 2-3nights then I suggest strongly you flash CyanogenMod7 Nightlies which is based on AOSP 2.3 Gingerbread. New build comes down the pipe almost everynight but you don't have to flash it everyday you can skip it make it once a week at least :p in that case I still say you replace the kernel with dumfaq's smartass cmkernel which will give you 1.8ghz with smartass governor.

Just keep in mind you are fully rooted before you attempt to install rom as caution. Also when you flash new kernel make sure you only flash the version for what you have as they do have stock, cm based kernel which won't work if you use it wrong. I suggest you keep rom.zip in root of your sdcard so if you get stuck on bootloop while attempting to flash kernel then you can revert it back by using nandroid backup from recovery or just by reflashing the rom, but if you still need any help let me know.

I have everything ready but it seems that the rom does not work mytouch 4g
how you can help me where I can get the original.

Friend
this happend
BOOTLOADER FAIL-PU
BOOT FAIL-PU
RECOVERY FAIL-PU
SYSTEM FAIL-PU
USERDATA FAIL-PU
SPLASH1 FAIL-PU
TP
TP BYPASSED
RADIO?V2 UPDATING
RADIO?CUST

DO YOU WANT TO START UPDATE
VOL UP YES
VOL DONW NO
UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS....
DO NOT POWER OFF THE DEVICE!

I've been 30 minutes and DO NOT PASS THE SAME

HELP ME PLEASE

SCOTTY85
WHAT I SAID IT WORKED

http://s3.subirimagenes.com:81/fotos/previo/thump_6358395imag0062.jpg

http://s3.subirimagenes.com:81/fotos/previo/thump_6358401imag0060.jpg

http://s3.subirimagenes.com:81/fotos/previo/thump_6358444imag0068ffffffffffff.jpg

file donwload from here
How can I restore mytouch 4g to original factory ROM

thanks
I hope you answer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones