• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would you do? (Opportunity to trade for Droid X)

To trade or not to trade?

• Trade!

Votes: 72 41.6%
  • Keep it!

Votes: 101 58.4%

• Total voters

TylerM

Mar 19, 2010
Rochester, NY
I have the opportunity to trade my Incredible for a Droid X. My father is going up for a re-up on his plan and will probably be getting the Droid X and said he would trade.

I guess this is a fun hypothetical question for you all. If you had the opportunity to exchange your Incredible for a Droid X, no questions asked, would you do it? If not, why?

I love how people are already saying how much better built and sounding the X is, despite NOBODY holding it or using it yet. The X has more physical buttons that can fail, we don't know that it has a better radio... ug.. whats the point.

Anyway, no, i wouldn't change, especially with the Incredible OTA update coming soon.

Upvote 0
If I had that same chance, I would take the Droid X no questions asked. I love my Incredible but sometimes wish it had a bigger screen. And a metal back! I am really kind of put off by the creaking in the battery cover of my Inc where it seems to give a bit even without a lot of pressure. Nothing a nice case won't fix, but then again I really dislike cases. So yeah, I would take it but it really is all personal preference. It isn't exactly like going from an Eris to an Incredible.

Upvote 0
I love how people are already saying how much better built and sounding the X is, despite NOBODY holding it or using it yet. The X has more physical buttons that can fail, we don't know that it has a better radio... ug.. whats the point.

Anyway, no, i wouldn't change, especially with the Incredible OTA update coming soon.

This.

My incredible has no issues.

Upvote 0
I'd have to hold one as well. I did play with an EVO today after the local SPRINT store mysteriously "found" one that a waiting list customer "refused" when they thought I was going to switch service to them. I would of in a minute if they had better data service here but unfortunately, it is pretty weak where I live. Not even 3G around my house. The EVO was a real sic handset though. It fit my hand well and have to say, it wasn't too big at all. I have pretty small hands to. I will probably get my Dinc around the time the X hits the stores. I will check it out but I am sure I will stay with the Dinc. I really like the size of it. I carry my phone in my shirt pocket. I carried an iPhone in an Otterbox and it was quite a bit bulky.

Upvote 0
I like my Incredible. There are too many other hot phones coming down the pipe. And the pipe is getting larger.

Like this badboy:
Samsung T-Mobile Vibrant and Verizon Fascinate preview -- Engadget

I really like the sound of this Samsung Fascinate :0, its camera app is nearly the same as My old omnia, but its run Android 2.1 and will get froyo too...

But i do love my Dinc too, so will have to see about what its like when its released :)

Maybe I'll get both

Upvote 0
I guess by now everyone knows that I was able to return my inc after 59 days for a refund minus the restocking fee. I had some call quality issues and was looking for a bigger screen that the X seemed to present. I'm back to winmo. Heaven help me! I'm also back to phone shopping. Do I get the X? Do I wait for the Fascinate? Do I wait for the vzw 4g phone? For the iPhone? (I kid I kid. Relax!)

Upvote 0
I voted for the switch to the X, only considering screen size..HOWEVER, I'd have to play with the demo to know for sure. I really hope people don't think the X will be the cellular savior, having no bugs, etc...I know the INC has its share of flaws, but what cell doesn't? Just a matter of what your willing to deal with. The X will have it's issues, guaranteed.

Upvote 0
I would not change due to the simple fact that the x is made by moto. I have wasted my money on their crap twice and regretted it both times. That, and I think the x is one of the fugliest phones I have ever had the displeasure of looking at.

My next phone will definitely be lte.

I regretted giving my money to HTC for bad call quality and a blown speaker. Hopefully, my fugliest phone will do better. :) Can't wait!

Upvote 0
For the most part i'm pretty sure that i'm gonna stick with my DInc. I for one love the Sense UI, Motorola's UI looks like crap. HTC's Sense clearly marks the winner for me, nicer widgets and animated look. DroidX seems kinda boring. All i remember is that the moto UI allows you to resize your favorite contacts and widgets...big whoop. lol any way thats my 2 cents. Also love the fact that the DInc is so pocketable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones