• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would YOU do?

While I actually would probably prefer a Note 2 over a Nexus 4 (just me, since I'd have use for that huge screen on the go), If you can have two devices with you always, get the 2 devices. Using only one device would be heavier on the battery than having two separate devices for different tasks, never mind how good the Note's battery is.

Upvote 0
i have been thinking over the same question...
but: Note2 vs GS3 & Nexus 7

the note2 has so many .. pros:
s-pen
bigger screen for quick access. (the tablet may not be within reach at all times)
can use 64GB sdcard!!!!!!!!!!!

2 devices Pros:
smaller phone for better daily carry around. (that means i wont carry the tablet)
bigger 2nd device for surfing and gaming (when i have it with me)
2 batteries
2 people could use at the same time.

I am on the fence!

Upvote 0
Flip phone and the 3g N7.

I have been actually been contemplating this recently myself. What do I need a full featured smartphone and 7" tablet for? All I need the phone for is a quick call (don't do much calling), text, or tweet. The tablet can fulfill everything else with its larger screen (why look at Google maps, etc. on a tiny screen?). Either that or go with a phablet like the note 2.

Upvote 0
I see that this has gotten people thinking. Well its still making me think as well. No idea what to do.

The options so far :

Nex4 + Nex7 (with 3G)
Nex4 + Nex7 (without 3G, tether it with the Nex4)
Crap phone + Nex7 (with 3G)
Galaxy Note 2

Looks like I'll get the Nex4 and Nex7 (with 3G) since its soon Christmas. I deserve some new toys, the accountant (wife) has already approved and I haven't had a new phone since the Galaxy S. Hopefully these Nexii will last for at least 2 years.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones