• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's for dinner ?

I'm smoking a rack of St Louis cut ribs. This pic was taken two hours into the cook.
StLouis.jpg

Upvote 0
Our American Legion Riders had a chili cook-off this evening and I worked on a huge crockpot full of chili. The Darling Bride and I got there with it, only to find 11 more crockpots full of chili! We ate, and ate, and ate... we've been home an hour and I'm still too full to burp.

Upvote 0
Did you corned it yourself? Been wanting to try to make it myself.
No, I cooked up a store bought. After doing some research I find that there are some lower sodium brine options that I'll definitely be trying. I've always been jealous of @Unforgiven home brined corned beef brisket. With the need to lower the sodium I have zero excuse not to try my hand at it. We eat the dish at least every other month. We love it with cabbage or potatoes and carrots.

Upvote 0
We will, we will, wok you.

Chop Suey Man GIF
I'm terrified that will become my Darling Bride's new theme song when she's mad at me - this thing is huge and she can't miss!

UPDATE:

The Chicken Parmesan knocked it out of the park. There are a gazillion recipes for Chicken Parm, but this one is the #1 bomb-diggety version and I'll put it up against any other recipe out there. There were tongue-gasms* galore, and no one could finish the generous portions. Four servings made enough for the next two days, with no complaints about eating leftovers!

*- I coined that phrase and made it publicly available. Use as you please.

:D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
My simple Chicken Parmesan last night was anything BUT simple: I absolutely trashed the kitchen! However, I used this recipe because it was the hands-down "throw away all the others" recipe for Chicken Parm. The results were nothing short of phenomenal and I think we all heard angels singing.

ChickenParm240318.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was busy all day and failed to thaw anything out for dinner. I was hungry for fish and decided that I'd grab a couple of McDonald's filet o fish sandwiches. For some mysterious reason, when I arrived home with my sack of Mac my sandwiches were plain without cheese or tarter sauce. The fries were stone cold. It proved to be a miserable meal. I remember now why I hate McDonalds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones