• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root whats next for liberty?

it may be a while but so far no new news, we know that fab will continue to edit his toolbox for apex, but may or may not update the rom, liberty we dont yet know, mainly because no one will stick with phones forever, but we can always hope devs will continue to produce stuff for us, im sure if we get the bootloader unlocked, you will see tons of roms!

Upvote 0
it may be a while but so far no new news, we know that fab will continue to edit his toolbox for apex, but may or may not update the rom, liberty we dont yet know, mainly because no one will stick with phones forever, but we can always hope devs will continue to produce stuff for us, im sure if we get the bootloader unlocked, you will see tons of roms!

That's a big "if". I hope it will though, that would be really nice :D

Upvote 0
It sure is looking that way.......which kind of sucks for me because I wasn't planning on upgrading for a while :(

Oh well, what can you do :rolleyes:

Welp, I get one more annual phone upgrade at the two year price, then I have to hold onto a phone for 20 months. My next phone's going to have the unlocked bootloader in order to keep me interested. I need to try new stuff a lot, to keep the phone mojo alive. That's why I got so excited about the "hoax of 2011."

Upvote 0
Welp, I get one more annual phone upgrade at the two year price, then I have to hold onto a phone for 20 months. My next phone's going to have the unlocked bootloader in order to keep me interested. I need to try new stuff a lot, to keep the phone mojo alive. That's why I got so excited about the "hoax of 2011."

I wonder if I qualify for that deal you are talking about.....didn't VZW cancel that deal not too long ago???

Upvote 0
I almost went back to GummyJAR because of two major issues with liberty. One was battery life, since it was probably 20-25% worse on battery for a given day. Second was waking the phone up and having the backlight fail to turn on - so I'd just have a dark screen, requiring a battery pull.

The former was fixed by the battery patch they posted, so I'm hanging onto Liberty for the time being hoping they will fix the screen issue in the next release.

Upvote 0
i had the back lighting issue for a little bit and then i cleared out some apps and had another go launcher update and i havent had that problem in a while. still having pretty crummy battery life though since i havent applied the battery patch. i think a liberty update will address the battery issue and just make things run a little smoother with some cool add ons as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones