• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "What's Next" not appearing when using pattern/pin/password lock

nicodumdum

Lurker
Aug 1, 2014
This is what the lock screen shows when pressing the power button from an off screen when the "slide" option of lock screen is activated.
vywrhx.jpg

And this is what the lock screen shows when pressing the power button from an off screen when the pattern/pin/password lock screen is activated.
fyfnmx.jpg

Obviously, it bypasses the "What's Next" widget in the lock screen. My question is, is this normal or by design? I was hoping it would be like it would show the lock screen first and then swipe somewhere to enter pattern/pin/password to unlock. But here, it just goes straight to the unlocking already. I wanna be able to see the "What's Next" widget in the lock screen first while still having the protection of a pattern/pin/password. :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones