• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

whats up guy long time no talk...

Hey guys, havent been on here in a while.. wanted to see how everyone was doing with the 2.1?

Ive noticed some weird things with my phone acting up..

My phone's sense crashes here and there, and twice so far my card has had to format the memory card, not quite sure why or whats going on.

this happen to anyone else?

im worried about something.. ive been wondering if what we are running is a early version of 2.1 for the droid incredible coming out, idk why i thought this but, just something i thought of. no way of me knowing for sure though..

ive actually been thinking about upgrading to the incredible and passing this phone along to my gf, but the fact that the eris and incredible are identical on the outside, with 2.1 and stuff, the fact that the incredible has a better camera with flash ( phone is my primary camera ), extra memory and processor, is making me want to do it. i do love the eris so i have reason to believe ill love the incredible. wanted to know anyone elses input and how in the past month everyones eris with 2.1 leak 2 has been working out?

Eh. It's working. If it were for the Incredible, it probably wouldn't have worked for us as I'm sure it would be hardware specific. Different processor, etc.

Don't forget, the Incredible has an optical sensor. No trackball. Not sure if the sensor lights up similar to the way the trackball does.

The speaker going out issue seems to have subsided. Only bug is a minor one, and that's the 50% without a signal that kills battery life and has to be done every time the phone is restarted. But I don't restart often and it doesn't take long to do the airplane trick. It's pretty ghetto, though.

The Incredible looks nice, but, like I've mentioned in more recent threads, relative to a few months ago, I have settled down with the Eris and don't really care about the official 2.1 anymore. What you leaked to us was fine. 1.5. was fine. There was just so much noise over 2.1 and it failed to live up to expectations, at least on the Eris (live wallpaper, voice to text). vLingo makes up for the latter though.

I'm content with the phone now.

Upvote 0
Eh. It's working. If it were for the Incredible, it probably wouldn't have worked for us as I'm sure it would be hardware specific. Different processor, etc.

Don't forget, the Incredible has an optical sensor. No trackball. Not sure if the sensor lights up similar to the way the trackball does.

The speaker going out issue seems to have subsided. Only bug is a minor one, and that's the 50% without a signal that kills battery life and has to be done every time the phone is restarted. But I don't restart often and it doesn't take long to do the airplane trick. It's pretty ghetto, though.

The Incredible looks nice, but, like I've mentioned in more recent threads, relative to a few months ago, I have settled down with the Eris and don't really care about the official 2.1 anymore. What you leaked to us was fine. 1.5. was fine. There was just so much noise over 2.1 and it failed to live up to expectations, at least on the Eris (live wallpaper, voice to text). vLingo makes up for the latter though.

I'm content with the phone now.

I messed with LWP on my girlfriend's Droid and said, "Wow, all the hype for this?" I'm with you on 2.1. It is rocking along fine for me and I can live with this version if that's what I have for the remainder of my Eris' life. I check for OTA but only because I hope that it provides bug fixes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones