• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Whats your favorite ROM/Kernel Combo? Why?

Gingerbread 2.1:
Gingerbread 3.0:
FROYO:
AOSP:
Ports:

**Please provide links if the ROM or Kernel is not under ROM/Kernel Download page**

2.1: MikG or Synergy GodMode(tough to chose)
3.0: Virus's 8/25 Eternity build
Froyo: Calkulin's EViO
AOSP: Lithid's, Barnacles, Echoside AOSP rom
Ports: Supersonic 3D/FEARMEde

Reactions: 3VOcrack
Upvote 0
There is a SBC kernel for Mik3D (Sense)???

I mix and match all kernels and roms that I can to see what happens.

I flashed the toastmod SBC on Mik3D to try and it flashed. I am trying it out to see what happens, but camera doesnt view will take the picture. Video doesnt work and WIFI I havent been able to test yet. 4g, hotspot, 3g work.

Upvote 0
Gingerbread 2.1: MikG2.55 w/aggressive freedom (daily)
Gingerbread 3.0: Virus' 8/25 Synergy (would be my daily if I could get the hotspot working)
FROYO: (were in 2011 now ;))
AOSP: None (non-sense feels like a downgrade)
Ports: Waiting until they are a little more polished, but at this point Mik&Co are in the lead.

What's wrong with the hotspot? Same issues using wifi tether?

Upvote 0
The general consensus is that SoL shouldn't be used because you don't know what the code is.

Who knows what he could have running under the hood?

Though I must admit the kernel was very responsive. Lithid seems to think it will have memory leakage problems

even if the code was available, i ain't gotta clue as to what it all means... he could have a hamster and a wheel running this for all i know... i've been running the combo in my sig for over a week and it's been great... on average, 110 to 125 mb free memory... i'm not running setcpu with it, i tried and it acted up for me on all governors...

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones