• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whatsapp Screenshot "Last Seen" Status Anomaly

Darma Putra

Lurker
Jan 22, 2019
Hi Guys,

I need some help clarifying this screenshot. It shows that I was online at "03.53" but I wasn't (please refer to the encircled time stamp upper left). To the best of my knowledge, the screenshot is inaccurate, since it shows the time at "03.53" (wrong time format) instead of "03:53".

In addition, normally it would have a template like: "last seen today at 03:53" instead of just "03.53" which is actually a wrong time format. Can anybody help confirm that I'm right and someone is trying to manipulate the screenshot time stamp? I'm pretty convinced that someone is fooling around but I would appreciate an expert opinion. Attached is the screenshot. Thanks a lot

Rgrds,

Putra
Lastseenstatus1.jpg

Are you sure it isn't saying you were online or engaged for 3 minutes and 53 seconds? I'm not a whatsapp user, but when I saw the pic it is how I read it.

I do use WhatsApp quite frequently, and I've never seen it show that. Only that it shows either "Online" or "Last seen..." with the time and/or date. And it has no settings for changing the format of how the time is presented.

Upvote 0
I do use WhatsApp quite frequently, and I've never seen it show that. Only that it shows either "Online" or "Last seen..." with the time and/or date. And it has no settings for changing the format of how the time is presented.
Precisely. I've never seen any other status than "Online" and "Last seen....", too. What I know is that you can hide the status in the settings but you can't customize or alter it in any other way. Thanks Mike.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones