• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When is Jelly Bean 4.1 Coming to the GNex?

+1 for Wug's Toolkit Just make sure you use the correct version for the build you are running. 4.0.2 uses V1.3, and 4.0.4 uses V1.4 IIRC. The root process if different.

This will sound insane, but I got the Wug's Toolkit and it looks easy enough, but I can't download the drivers because the window that pops up stops scrolling before the button shows up.

Every other method is a mess. Guess I'll have to wait on rooting it.

Upvote 0
Well, it took a lot of reading and a lot of trial and error, but I got a great toolkit, unlocked, rooted and after three tries, I finally got Jelly Bean up and running.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Even though I didn't use them directly, they led me down the right path to success.

So far, so good with JB!

Here is the toolkit I ended up using, FYI: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1392310

Upvote 0
Hey Ed5275, make sure you check out the VZW All Things root section, there is a ton of JB Rom stuff going on in there. Most of the stuff in the general forum here is for the non-root related questions :)

So anyone else think the move by Google to incorporate the Apple injunction work around into Jelly Bean as opposed to a quick fix OTA for ICS was genius? Now Verizon is forced to either fast track JB, or stop selling the GNex once their on hand stock runs out. I think our wait for JB is going to be a lot shorter than it was for 4.0.4.

Upvote 0
So anyone else think the move by Google to incorporate the Apple injunction work around into Jelly Bean as opposed to a quick fix OTA for ICS was genius? Now Verizon is forced to either fast track JB, or stop selling the GNex once their on hand stock runs out. I think our wait for JB is going to be a lot shorter than it was for 4.0.4.

I was hoping that would happen.

Upvote 0
Hey Ed5275, make sure you check out the VZW All Things root section, there is a ton of JB Rom stuff going on in there. Most of the stuff in the general forum here is for the non-root related questions :)

I assume Verizon will stop selling on hamd stock of this phone, if they haven't already. Apple's lawyers are out there telling people to stop selling them ASAP. If so, JB can't be too far away.

Upvote 0
I assume Verizon will stop selling on hamd stock of this phone, if they haven't already. Apple's lawyers are out there telling people to stop selling them ASAP. If so, JB can't be too far away.

I could be mistaken, but I think the injunction only applies to Samsung. Technically Verizon has already bought the inventory it has, and those phones are past the authority of the injunction.

Upvote 0
I could be mistaken, but I think the injunction only applies to Samsung. Technically Verizon has already bought the inventory it has, and those phones are past the authority of the injunction.

I know at least one online site has been asked to stop selling them by Apple's lawyers and plan to comply. Also play store has pulled sales at this point.

Either way, I get the feeling the update on Verizon isn't far away. Although they are usually deadly slow on updates, it wouldn't surprise me if by next Friday we had an update..

Upvote 0
It took them 6 months to push out a small update, I wouldn't expect us to get our Jellybeans any time soon.

Eh, this time there is a money penalty involved (Loss of the ability to sell a well received phone). And if Apple contacted them like it did other retailers about not selling the phone, I think they would prefer not to piss Apple off, considering they also sell the iPhone. I bet we see an update pretty quickly.

Upvote 0
Eh, this time there is a money penalty involved (Loss of the ability to sell a well received phone). And if Apple contacted them like it did other retailers about not selling the phone, I think they would prefer not to piss Apple off, considering they also sell the iPhone. I bet we see an update pretty quickly.

I'm talking about JB not the search update. JB has nothing to do with apples stupid lawsuit.

Upvote 0
I'm talking about JB not the search update. JB has nothing to do with apples stupid lawsuit.

Actually, Google is fixing it by modifying Jelly Bean and pushing it out with the fix incorporated into AOSP JB. So I would be surprised if Verizon got a patch to ICS while all the others got the fix via JB...

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't expect verizon to release jelly bean within the summer. I think Google needs to do something about it because I'm sure Google wants Google now to be in as many hands as possible, and definitely the hands of Galaxy Nexus owners assuming Google really wants to compete with Apple and Siri. (And yes, I agree, Google now and Siri aren't exactly the same, but most consumers won't know that).

Upvote 0
Actually, Google is fixing it by modifying Jelly Bean and pushing it out with the fix incorporated into AOSP JB. So I would be surprised if Verizon got a patch to ICS while all the others got the fix via JB...

GSM HSPA+ Nexus of course, IMM76Q is looking like VZW's fix, if you dont root and rom it yourself you will be waiting for 4.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones