• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will jellybean 4.3 be released?

Why does the US always seem to be the last country to get these things?

The US models are minority variants of the worldwide, International, S4 versions, see 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?. They are also carrier branded which means that the firmware goes to the carriers from Samsung for them to add their bloatware and then have to be returned to Samsung when this has been done for release.

Upvote 0
The US models are minority variants of the worldwide, International, S4 versions, see 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?. They are also carrier branded which means that the firmware goes to the carriers from Samsung for them to add their bloatware and then have to be returned to Samsung when this has been done for release.
So they don't have carriers in other countries then?

Upvote 0
So they don't have carriers in other countries then?

I don't know where you got that idea from. I didn't say that! :thinking:

The 2 Android 4.3 firmwares released to-date are 1 each for the 2 worldwide devices, i9505 and i9500, and are both on carrier unbranded firmware which can be released direct from Samsung without waiting for carrier bloatware to be added and returned.

Update

Android 4.3, MJ5, has also been released for unbranded Vietnam, India and Indonesian, International, octa core, GT-i9500, handsets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones