• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where can I find all the popular Facebook posts?

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
Ok, I can't have a Facebook account. I'm extremely opinionated. I can't stop myself from making posts that make acquaintances angry with me. Political stuff I can't stop myself from replying to things I dont agree with and basically arguing until they agree with me which doesn't happen. I get so mad with people and I've ruined some relationships using it. So I closed my Facebook account. I did that once before years ago for this reason. I dont allow coworkers as friends on social media, but I made a comment that someone saw that a coworker somehow saw it and I was threatened by my supervisor to take the comment down otherwise I could be let go. A year or so ago, I told myself I'd open a Facebook account and only put immediate friends on it and not talk politics. That didn't work. Slowly I started adding outside the immediate family and next thing I know I'm making posts that are damaging to others around me.

But, I want a way to just scroll the Facebook news feed. Maybe not facebook... but maybe an app that when a post gets a massive amount of views, like a stupid cat video everyone is talking about,, make it available on this other app I can see so I can see that cat video or whatever everyone else is talking about without getting me into trouble.

The simplest is probably to ask a few friends who are into such stuff to forward viral but harmless material to you.

I'm afraid I don't know an app of the sort you mention, but I don't use social media that way so that doesn't mean that someone else won't have a suggestion. But you'd want it to have filters beyond just popularity, because if it's just number of views you'll get both the cat videos and the political arguments, and you only want one of those.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The simplest is probably to ask a few friends who are into such stuff to forward viral but harmless material to you.

I'm afraid I don't know an app of the sort you mention, but I don't use social media that way so that doesn't mean that someone else won't have a suggestion. But you'd want it to have filters beyond just popularity, because if it's just number of views you'll get both the cat videos and the political arguments, and you only want one of those.

I dont care if I see the controversial videos and I get mad. I kind of thrive on that.. I dont need to be sheltered from that. I dont care if I have the ability to comment on it. I just need perfect strangers seeing it, not people I have acquaintances with.

Upvote 0
The trouble is that if you comment on it and it's a popular thread it may be that people who know you will see your comment, as happened before. The fact that you got to it through some other filtering rather than the Facebook feed itself won't make any difference since these services won't let you comment without being logged in, at which point you can be identified.

Or is the plan this time to make an anonymous account with no friends, nothing to connect it to you, so that if people you know do see the posts they won't know it's you? If you do that and stick to it then of course you wouldn't need any separate app to filter stuff, you could just log into FB with that account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah if you have no friends on it, nothing to post or reshare, why bother with fb altogether?
Why not just join twitter and follow those rats in the cage?

Twitter is probably as bad as Facebook, for someone who's "I'm extremely opinionated. I can't stop myself from making posts that make acquaintances angry with me. Political stuff I can't stop myself from replying to things..."

Just stay away from social media might be best.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones