• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where do you find your BUILD DATE?

owl

Jun 5, 2010
How do you find your Evo's build date? I've seen it referenced in many of these threads but I don't know where to look for it... I've tried searching multiple different forums and no luck. The ##786# code gives me ACTIVATION date only.

Are the 0003s with Epsons a newer or older build than the 0003s with a Novatek? It would seem they began with Novateks and switched to Epsons, but there could be only a small batch with Epsons and the new builds have the Novas as well... I'd really like to know, so we know which the future models will use.

EDIT:

HOW TO FIND YOUR BUILD DATE:
It's stamped on the inside of the battery cover.

HOW TO FIND YOUR HARDWARE REVISION:
Menu>Settings>About phone>Hardware Information>Hardware version

HOW TO FIND YOUR 003 SCREEN TYPE:
[Tutorial] How to check your 003 screen type... - PPCGeeks

not sure what this is..but upon booting up ( holding the volume rocker up and pressing power) your taken to the bootstrap. on the top it says the date April, 14th 2010 with a time stamp of 15:41:34 ( 3:41 standard time). Does anyone know if this is the build date OR the date the OS was completed? my launch evo which fell victim to the Bricked firmware update was swapped out for this one july 3rd...so im guessing that cant be build date otherwise it would have already been sold...anyone got a different date?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones