• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is the apps button on my Home screen?

There was a white apps button on my home screen that when depressed displayed Icons not shown on my Home and other panes/screens. I used to have on three dots or panels including my home screen. Since the apps button disappeared I now have nine panels filled with icons.

I loved the fact I only saw the apps I used regularly. If and when I need an app I didn't use often I would tap the apps button find and used the desired app.

How can I restore the app button that was on my home screen?

Thanks!

Sounds like you somehow turned off the App drawer feature and used the all on screen? It's been a while since I've seen an S5, so I don't remember if it actually has that feature. I know Huawei does and still do.
Long press on any area of the homescreen then select homescreen settings. The stuff you need should be in there to turn on the app button.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones