• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where Should I Start?!

I've had my Android phone for about a week and a half now, and I love it. Especially since it's my first smart phone and I have nothing else to compare it to.

Regardless, I've been browsing the forums here and I see a lot of tech talk going on. I guess I'm more of a casual user at this point (even though I've downloaded what feels like 50 apps already) but I want to LEARN about the device and what it's really capable of... you know, the things you guys all seem to know everything about like rooting and launchers (which I really want to know more about) and file managerial-type stuff... Is there another type of resource on the web for this?

Also, how come almost no-one on this site uses the section in their profile to say what kind of device they have? I'd think that would help to know if you have an HTC phone or a Google phone or a rooted phone or a shoe phone.... just sayin'.

Also, how come almost no-one on this site uses the section in their profile to say what kind of device they have? I'd think that would help to know if you have an HTC phone or a Google phone or a rooted phone or a shoe phone.... just sayin'.
Probably for the same reason people don't add avatars. They probably don't know how. More expierienced users of the site tend to figure it out though.

Sent from an HTC Eris....bud.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones