1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

which app could be causing this "fast charging" lock screen and ads?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by medlidande, Jun 29, 2017.

1. medlidande

medlidande Lurker

Let me preface this by saying that I've worked with cell phones for 3 years and manage 2 cell phone shops, I'm VERY picky about my apps. No clean master, no DU apps, no GO apps, nothing by touchpal, I use a stock flashlight widget, and I've already disabled Peel Remote. I don't have any of what I consider the "usual culprits" I find when my customers come to me with this problem.

I have a couple of money transfer apps, zedge, kik, social media apps, a few photo editors, webex meetings, camscanner, and a shit load of games, along with the all the bloat wear that comes with the phone. I'm at a loss here.

This popped up about a month ago and after a couple of days I got the three dots in the upper right corner that gave me the option to mute it, but it popped back up yesterday and seems that the ads are far more intrusive, coming up randomly whenever I try to open almost any app. It even pops up the lock screen when im not charging, just slightly differe t from the one it shows when i am charging. I have some screen shots (hopefully I can upload more than one).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That does look like Peel Smart Remote, a known culprit for "Slide to unlock" adware lock-screens. But you've already discounted it. And you've already ruled out DU(Baidu), GO, Cheetah Mobile, TouchPal, apps, The date in the first pic is in Chinese, so I guess there's still some "free" Chinese adware app or something installed, maybe one of the "free" games?

#2 mikedt, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  3. medlidande

medlidande Lurker

I already disabled that, still having the issue

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

As it's not obvious which app or game might be doing it. Think you'll have to try disabling or removing one-by-one, any apps or games that have recently updated or been installed, especially anything of Chinese origin, because of 月 in the date, which means month.

5. medlidande

medlidande Lurker