• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

which app could be causing this "fast charging" lock screen and ads?

medlidande

Lurker
Jun 29, 2017
Let me preface this by saying that I've worked with cell phones for 3 years and manage 2 cell phone shops, I'm VERY picky about my apps. No clean master, no DU apps, no GO apps, nothing by touchpal, I use a stock flashlight widget, and I've already disabled Peel Remote. I don't have any of what I consider the "usual culprits" I find when my customers come to me with this problem.

I have a couple of money transfer apps, zedge, kik, social media apps, a few photo editors, webex meetings, camscanner, and a shit load of games, along with the all the bloat wear that comes with the phone. I'm at a loss here.

This popped up about a month ago and after a couple of days I got the three dots in the upper right corner that gave me the option to mute it, but it popped back up yesterday and seems that the ads are far more intrusive, coming up randomly whenever I try to open almost any app. It even pops up the lock screen when im not charging, just slightly differe t from the one it shows when i am charging. I have some screen shots (hopefully I can upload more than one).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-29-05-19-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-29-05-19-34.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot_2017-06-29-07-09-57.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-29-07-09-57.png
    778.7 KB · Views: 180
That does look like Peel Smart Remote, a known culprit for "Slide to unlock" adware lock-screens. But you've already discounted it. And you've already ruled out DU(Baidu), GO, Cheetah Mobile, TouchPal, apps, The date in the first pic is in Chinese, so I guess there's still some "free" Chinese adware app or something installed, maybe one of the "free" games?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones