• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Micro SD card is compatible?

Is a 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 memory card compatible with the Proclaim? Which others are?

Being the maverick that I am, I put a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 into my rooted ST ZTE Merit. The Merit specifies no greater than a 32 meg card, as does the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. For the most part it functioned just fine, but eventually developed numerous memory and data access problems in the Merit, until the card failed.

I was able to get a warranty replacement through Sandisk. By the time the replacement arrived I had given up on the Merit due to it's very limited 172 meg internal memory limit. I then put the SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 replacement into my ST Proclaim that I had acquired by that time. It worked beautifully until the same problems repeated. I have yet to attempt to retrieve irreplaceable photos on the card, which I think I might be able to, but the card is fairly toasted and erratic. Stick with a 32 meg card (Which I have now with no problems) and you should be fine.

Upvote 0
I have had several issues with the SanDisk class 10 sd/sdhc/sdxc ! I have gotten it to register and work for a short period of time to just keep failing and no longer mounting and or only showing empty folders and dumping a ton of files in my lost.dir. Works fine on my Note 10.1, and PC. I have tried formatting with CWM, mini tool, and gparted with the same results. This is just my experience with that SD card and device, however, I have read other posts with users experiencing similar issues so I believe it's a compatibility issue.

Upvote 0
There is a long line of complaints against the SanDisk 32GB and 64GB sd cards. I've seen the complaints in the Samsung S3 forums as well as the Motorola Defy forums.

SanDisk acknowledged there was a problem with "some" of their cards back in March and has been sending out replacements to those who can jump through all the hoops to prove it is their card and not the phone causing the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones