• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help White/light spot on screen

I have the same stuff with my screen. Two big white spots and I cant stand it. Dealing with Customer Care now to get it fixed. Still within my 30 days, so we will see how its goes. Annoying to say the least.

Let us know how to turns out. I have an 0002 also and the hot spot is only getting worse. It's been pretty bad for awhile now but I've been hesitant to return it as everything else is ok except the vibrating ear piece. I think its time I hit up sprint this weekend.

Upvote 0
I don't have a 'b spot' on my screen.... I'm on a refurb, it's got light leaking from the bottom (clean white light, very visible in broad daylight) but the screen on it's not separating, the power button isn't recessed, and the volume keys have a solid click instead of the 'mash' feel without the click and creaking plastic my other one had.

It's a hardware version two, and it's got the newer back that's one flat color minus the sparkle effect the original one had.

Upvote 0
Well, if the refurb is in as EXCELLENT condition as mine as (I can't stress that enough, I've yet to get a refurb that's in better condition that NEW as of yet, this is a first), you should be a-okay. I have absolutley no dis-coloration or bright spots on my screen... I think that may be from the first line of production models that were out when the phone was released. Possibly a different screen was thrown into production in place of the ones that had issues...

Upvote 0
I have one of "B" spots too but its not over the b directly. It's right above the p on the kb.

Doesn't really bother me after reading problems of some unlucky owners, so I'm keeping mine unless it gets worse. You can't even notice it unless the screen is white, then just barely. I guess that's why there are so few pictures of the problem..

EDIT: Now in 6-8 months it might start bothering me a little. ;)

Upvote 0
I had an Evo with the 'B' spots. Got it replaced by Sprint. New device great, then a month later, another 'B' spot. I have a feeling they are pretty common, but people aren't paying attention to it. The spot has got worse over the past couple of weeks. Don't know if I should bother getting another replacement.

Upvote 0
I have this issue on a 003. :( I am still within the 30 day return policy actually. How will I know if they stick me with a refurb? How can you tell they're refurbs?

If you are within 30 days, they have to give you a new one. If they say they are getting you a refurb, leave the store and call CS directly.

New phones will always come in the original box, with all accessories and a battery. Refurbs will never come in the original box, and will only come with the phone, no battery and no accessories. Also, there will be a sticker on the back that has the refurb date, and if you ##786# it will say refurb.

Upvote 0
I had an Evo with the 'B' spots. Got it replaced by Sprint. New device great, then a month later, another 'B' spot. I have a feeling they are pretty common, but people aren't paying attention to it. The spot has got worse over the past couple of weeks. Don't know if I should bother getting another replacement.

Same experience here. I had a hw002 launch day pre. Everything was great except the ear piece was vibrating. Then the ear piece got worse and worse and the same bright spot started to appear in the lower part of the screen until I couldn't take it any longer.

I went to the sprint store a month ago and had them look at it. They replaced it on the spot with a new phone (no refurb information) that is a hw003. Same exact problems with this phone. The ear piece sounds like crap but at least the screen had no problems... until about 2 weeks later when it started developing IN THE SAME SPOT on the screen. Now a month later and it's as bright as it was before. Really irritating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones