• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root white widow 4.0?!?!!?

that odd. jrz you may need to wipe the ext also.

and screenshots frisco? just check the wave. theres TONS of info and screens.

im removing the wave though. cant trust pepole anymore. someone keeps removing the links for the downloads.

and sorry if it seemed like a secret frisco, i just havemt released it on any other website than the wave

Upvote 0
here the info on 4.1

White Widow 4.1 <---click to download

9f3759bf38bce8eff2024074287e5fc5 md5sum

As always, donations are very greatly appreciated! <---click to donate

4.2 Sub-release is now available. Check it out below

Softkey lights now work!

This is a full wipe update, sorry guys!

This will be the last wipe update in a while.

Added

-Softkey Lights!

-Handcent-not themed, i have no photo editing software on ubuntu yet :(

-Metamorph

-Wifi Tethering

-Auto Killer

-Quick Boot

-Boot to Recovery Shortcut FTW!

-optional installs pack

-thought about using a /data/app folder and preinstalling everything, but i figured id leave it up to the user to decide

-optional installs include

-HTC_IME_jonas

-speech to text capable HTC style keyboard

-Swype

-Lookout Mobile

-saved my ass multiple times with its GPS tracking!

-OpenGL Patch by jcase

-copied directly to your sd card rather than the installs folder since it needs to be flashed from recovery mode

Removed

-CM Updater

-No available themes for our phone :(

**Check the Themes section for a list of working themes outside of the CM Updater**

Changed

-New Google Apps package

-INCLUDES CAR HOME!

-Rotary Lockscreen is fully functional!

-Spin to the left for sound on/off

Upvote 0
that odd. jrz you may need to wipe the ext also.

and screenshots frisco? just check the wave. theres TONS of info and screens.

im removing the wave though. cant trust pepole anymore. someone keeps removing the links for the downloads.

and sorry if it seemed like a secret frisco, i just havemt released it on any other website than the wave

Could never find the links at wave; now I know why (however jrzdroid did provide the Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! links up there and I downloaded 4.1.. not sure if I'll wipe and flash at this point in time).

Upvote 0
If you remove the wave where will we get this ROM. This is THE FIRST one that has kept me away from the Official ROM for an entire day. This is without a doubt the best non HTC-centric one floating around I have seen.

Im not sure, but im not going to keep the wave up for people to **** with whenever they want. everybody has been helpful, but one person can ruin it for everyone. i need like a hosting site or something.

if anyone knows how to set me up something like that it would be awesome

Upvote 0
Im not sure, but im not going to keep the wave up for people to **** with whenever they want. everybody has been helpful, but one person can ruin it for everyone. i need like a hosting site or something.

if anyone knows how to set me up something like that it would be awesome
I flashed 4.1, and I keep getting force closes on LWP...and Nexus Launcher....any ideas?

Upvote 0
Plus you canhave any many NAND back-ups that you please, and can re-name then...
I currently have a nand back-up of every rom that I have tried..
aloysius, cyanogen,cyanogenELB,damagR,eris lighting/lighiting bolt, ivans official, evil eris 2.0 and up, fresh 2.0 and up, Ic3rom 2.7 and up, pure hero, sense-able, tainted vanilla, ivans 1.1 for testing, xtrROM, ZenEXP, and a "superclean" rom being tested..
so yea Frisco don't be shy man give ROMs a try, you never know what you will like until you give it a try!!!
always feel comfortable knowing you have a NAND, plus be sure to keep a ROM on your sd card for safe measure ya never know right!

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
4.2 is buggy as hell, thats the one with the GUI app ported. 4.1 is stable. NO bugs.
thats the one i run, its a heavily modded version of 4.1 to suit my specific needs, but its 4.1.
heres the website i just threw together, if you try 4.1 and your touchscreen goes out, flash the touchscreen update zip under the patches and extra section of the downloads menu

i just threw this site together, literally in like an hour. it needs work but itll do for now.
Andrizoids Space - **** the Haters

edit: not buggy as hell, but a lot of issues have been reported with 4.2 thats the one with the JIT toggle etc-exclusive to White Widow btw ;)
4.1 is stable as **** if i may say so :)

Upvote 0
I must just be luck. I flash about every rom I see. I am a tinkerer and I have not had problem one. I have not however, actually used the control panel I may have rolled back to 4.1 but I dont want to screw with setting it back. Unless I can just flash 4.1 over 4.2.

This rom is pretty damned tight.

im glad you like it, thats why i put it out :D
im thinking of building a sense based rom next, theres a few things i miss about the sense roms. also brought an application dev book on my trip, gonna be working on that pretty soon.

and go ahead and try 4.1 over 4.2, just do a nand fist just in case

Upvote 0
No disrespect meant bro....I just like a ROM that EVERYTHING works on...What bugs are on 4.2???

I understand what you mean. I'm not a ROM disciple to anyone, so I'd say how I feel about a ROM one way or the other. This one just happens to be my favorite. I recommend that you do a nand backup of your existing ROM and explore. I don't know a single ROM that is bug free. If it's not for you, go back to what you were on.

Upvote 0
im glad you like it, thats why i put it out :D
im thinking of building a sense based rom next, theres a few things i miss about the sense roms. also brought an application dev book on my trip, gonna be working on that pretty soon.

and go ahead and try 4.1 over 4.2, just do a nand fist just in case

A sense version would be groovy. I keep a nand of all the ones I have set up. These cyanogen build are really nice. So much advanced stuff. I will fire the flash in a sec and let you know if it blows up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones