• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who is thinking of getting an iPhone 4S as a second phone to their Android?

Will you supplement your Android device with an iPhone 4S?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 92.6%

• Total voters
Man, I really thought that Apple would come a little stronger than this 4S thing. Really, the iPhone 4S is just playing catch-up to the current Android landscape in terms of OS. But the lack of 4G speed and keeping the tiny 3.5 inch screen is just remarkably weak.

Apple is no longer the leader, innovator, or Captain of the Ship. What will also hurt them is that they announce a new phone once a year. Android has latest and greatest versions coming out every month. Constant improvement.

Upvote 0
Apple stock continues to plummet in light of the breakaway announcement.

It's now down over 20 points.

And yet, one of the faithful actually tweeted this for Wall Street -

@Apeman11 $aapl are you sellers insane? Its beyond voice activation..you can talk to the phone and it answers you..
MMMpphhtMmmhrmphttt..... AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

And now you know what it takes to make a truly magical phone -

You talk to the phone and it answers!

Reactions: jroc and B2L
Upvote 0
Apple stock continues to plummet in light of the breakaway announcement.

It's now down over 20 points.

And yet, one of the faithful actually tweeted this for Wall Street -

MMMpphhtMmmhrmphttt..... AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

And now you know what it takes to make a truly magical phone -

You talk to the phone and it answers!

Ah man, thanks for the good laugh. You blew my cover, my boss is staring me down now.

Upvote 0
Ah man, thanks for the good laugh. You blew my cover, my boss is staring me down now.

I understand that someone is coming out with a phone that can fake a call to your boss from his significant other in response to laughter during working hours - and when s/he answers, the phone will do all of the talking.

PS - I predicted no iPhone 5 this year, they'd call it something else, long before the blogs did.

Time to start more rumors - the next iPhone will have a 3D display.

Upvote 0
We waited a long time for the iphone 5, I mean iphone 4s. I thought they'd get rid of all the bezel and have a much larger screen in the same form factor. That would've been hard to beat. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait another year for their next incremental update.

I definitely wish it was a bit bigger...3.5" is so small now >_>;;;

Upvote 0
Old Mac fans may remember Uli's Talking Moose - a nice little daemon that simply popped up onscreen with pithy remarks whenever it felt like it.

OK - in answer to the magical announcement today, I think it's imperative that someone builds us this app that will present the following voice and vid when spoken to -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ccKPSVQcFk

This will keep my iPhone 4S envy at bay and prevent me from pulling the trigger on one.

It takes so little to amuse me, but it can mean so much - won't you help?

Upvote 0
chinese-girl-iphone.jpg

But it's so...small.

Upvote 0
Yea its just for ppl that REALLY, REALLY didnt want an Android phone. Dual core....they are about to be on next gen versions in Android land. The SoC in the iPhone 4S is nice tho.

The retina display screen res is about to be surpassed in a couple of months in Android land.

The Galaxy S2 came with Vlingo. Dont know how it compares to the iPhone 4S, but its there. That is a nice feature of the iPhone 4S tho.

The iPhone 4S should have a better camera. Great.

Some ppl actually wanna try a bigger screen Apple...just to let you know. Couldnt you tell by the sales of the EVO 4G and Droid X1? Maybe a bigger screen is for the iPhone 5. And I see more women with bigger screens....just to let you know Apple. (dont read anything extra into that...just noticed there are more women with bigger phones...lol)

This is Oct...and Apple bragging that it has download speeds similar to the Atrix? Isnt AT&T's LTE network coming out or already out? I wonder if Verizon's even gonna sell it? Can users on Verizon access the faster speeds? I really dont know.

Its great for ppl that really want an iPhone or really want or like iOS tho. I might be wrong but isnt the voice feature similar to WP7's too? Or is Apple's special cuz it a lil more personal..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones