• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who to complain to?

kraze0g

Android Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
im just looking for a phone number before i get rid of the eris in terms of the problems and frustrations it has caused me during this holiday season when i needed a nice phone and camera the most. i feel that calling the local verizon store is not enough, is there a 'universal' number i can call to leave a complaint and what i think that will be recorded on their computers? i heard someone say 611 will do this?

thank you.

lock ups, random scrolling in 'phone' so it dials wrong people (people i shouldn't be calling at certain times), lag issues (talked to my verizon sales rep who NOW tells me this is geared toward a 'budget phone', so the hardware is not up to date - couple years old - if i wanted a budget phone i would have paid the extra 100 for a non-budget phone for this is my business phone - none of this was told to me at purchase, misleading, i guess i should have known with the 'free' offer).

major issue happened over xmas, took pics while with family (you know, those pics you save for a lifetime?) and sent it as mms texts to my girlfriend who was away at the time so we'd both have them and my phone locked up (again) and she didn't recieve the mms text's (why? i dont know) and the pictures are not on the sd card or anything. talk about a f*ck up. this phone is just not reliable for me. im happy for those who are pleased with it, but after these experiences, im not. i want my money back or a new phone, but first i want to express my feelings to someone who can make a note of a real unhappy droid eris user.

got a corporate number from the verizon store who also say this is unacceptable, going to call today. not looking for sympathy, just want to get a few things off my chest before i return it.

Upvote 0
lock ups, random scrolling in 'phone' so it dials wrong people (people i shouldn't be calling at certain times), lag issues (talked to my verizon sales rep who NOW tells me this is geared toward a 'budget phone', so the hardware is not up to date - couple years old - if i wanted a budget phone i would have paid the extra 100 for a non-budget phone for this is my business phone - none of this was told to me at purchase, misleading, i guess i should have known with the 'free' offer).

major issue happened over xmas, took pics while with family (you know, those pics you save for a lifetime?) and sent it as mms texts to my girlfriend who was away at the time so we'd both have them and my phone locked up (again) and she didn't recieve the mms text's (why? i dont know) and the pictures are not on the sd card or anything. talk about a f*ck up. this phone is just not reliable for me. im happy for those who are pleased with it, but after these experiences, im not. i want my money back or a new phone, but first i want to express my feelings to someone who can make a note of a real unhappy droid eris user.

got a corporate number from the verizon store who also say this is unacceptable, going to call today. not looking for sympathy, just want to get a few things off my chest before i return it.

sounds like you may have just gotten a defective phone. my girlfriend was getting lockups on hers, but she took it back to a Verizon store and exchanged it for a new one (basically no questions asked) and the new one has been perfect.

Upvote 0
sounds like you may have just gotten a defective phone. my girlfriend was getting lockups on hers, but she took it back to a Verizon store and exchanged it for a new one (basically no questions asked) and the new one has been perfect.

They are sending me a new Eris through the mail. I hope my new one is perfect. Since using the menu button to unlock my phone, I have not had any freeze ups. My battery is not consistent though. Some mornings I wake up at 97% remaining and other days there is only 75% charge left. Very frustrating. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones