• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's gonna use video out?

Just ordered my cables tonight from ebay for 17 shipped - search for HTC Video out cable - (Ordered mine from CA - others listed overseas - Please becareful ordering from over seas....it often takes weeks to get these packages in)

I believe from the other video we saw this cable uses the mini usb port and not the headphone jack. There are also some cables on amazon if you search htc video out cable. Haven't seen any yet on eforcity or other places.

sorry dude...but i think the Inc. is MICRO USB...not MINI USB. i did the same thing and ordered the cable from Amazon. i have 30 days to return it...i am going to see if by chance it works...but i doubt it! :(

Upvote 0
Since we've already strayed into the 'Tricking Hulu' topic. I wonder if we'd be able to modify the user agent info that is being sent by the Browser. By modifying that information you could tell the Hulu servers that you are coming from an OS and Browser combo that they do support. I'm just throwing some ideas out there, so I don't really know if it'd be possible. I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

Its possible for rooted phones.. changing the UA completely that is.. just have to compile the browser and maybe framewok.apk.. the UAs are hardcoded in the code. There is a thread on xda with a modded browser that works with the framework made from cyanogen/koush's rom. If hulu supports safaris desktop version you can already trick it using spare parts or other ways of changing the 3 default UAs hardcoded in 2.1 ... which are iphone, safari desktop and safari mobile (default).. this last option works on non rooted phones.

There is a very poor useragent app that also works but it is painful to use.. it does work though... used it succesfully to get past an IE check in a SAP enterprise timecard page at work.

Upvote 0
sorry dude...but i think the Inc. is MICRO USB...not MINI USB. i did the same thing and ordered the cable from Amazon. i have 30 days to return it...i am going to see if by chance it works...but i doubt it! :(

Funny, I think I had this same conversation on another board where someone was posting pictures and links of the super cool video cable they were buying for their droid. My guess is that we will have to wait and see if the video out is even functional on the retail model before rushing out and buying video cables that may or may not function. Besides isn't it sill up in the air as to where the video will actually come from? IE: The 3.5mm jack or the Micro USB port.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones