• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's got the lamest phone?

crumsnatcha

May 2, 2010
This is my current phone, the LG LX160:

25sri4k.jpg

I've had it for over 2 years... When bored, I read my notes (limit: 20), check the scheduler (riveting remembering that time I needed an oil change), and slowly text, dreading having to type any S's or Z's and push the same button 4 times... It's also got a nice little habit of rebooting itself, whether I'm in the middle of typing a long message or not even touching it. Upgrading from this piece to the beast that is the Evo is going to be a GIGANTIC leap. :cool:

What kind of dumbphones are other people ditching?

Samsung M520 here too. I haven't had any issues with it over the past 2.5 years though. In fact, I will miss the compactness as this was the first phone that fully satisfied my desire for sleek pocketability. Before that I had a few clamshell style phones. I also had Opera on it so it was highly portable and I could still jump on the internet. I don't have any complaints about it other than the screen size being too small but then again it wasn't like it was a touch screen or anything.

I realize that the Evo might be taking a step back in terms of pocketability but I'm willing to take the risk and for me the time is right to make the jump to a smartphone. The pricing on smartphones today is much more reasonable and the whole smartphone scene (with the Android market and open APIs) is really expanding the possibilites.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones