1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General Who's to blame for such a crappy phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaManDJ3, Aug 26, 2011.

1. DaManDJ3

DaManDJ3 Member
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    I really regret upgrading from my rooted OG droid. Wait for the BIONIC or get the Thunderbolt. This phone sucks.

That phone definitely ran better than this sh*tty Samsung. What's the point of 4G when I can't get a solid connection? I'm lucky if I ever get a GPS signal for navigation.

Is verizon or samsung to blame? The answer to that would make my future decision easier when I decide on my next phone?

Reasons Samsung ruined this phone:
    -Touchwiz interface sucks
    -Out of date processor
    -GPS is horrible
    -Unable to handle multitasking
    -Inconsistent data connection

Reasons Verizon ruined this phone:
    -Bloatware
    -Definitely not worthy of the DROID monicker
    -Way behind on updates

Advertisement

Shurple likes this.
  2. Shane2943

Shane2943 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Not sure what phone you got, but my Charge has none of those issues. Even before I rooted mine. Now that I have, it's even better!

Also: rooting will solve most of your posted problems.

3. GrammieDroid

GrammieDroid Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2011
    Registered Nurse, retired
    Fairchild, Wisconsin
    Wow I sense a bit of Hostility? I love my Charge. It's not perfect but I love it anyway!

4. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    Yeah you got a bad phone. My gps locks perfectly after the latest ee4 ota and I have no issues. As for connectivity issues, are you in a good lte area? There are spots that can get lte but are intermittent. I don't know why people hate touchwiz so much. The color selection is not the best but the launcher is the better then the sense and blur lanunchers. The notification bar toggles are great compared to whats offered on the Thunderbolt, and you can access a task manager by holding down the home key.

My only complaint is that it could have more ram. With the voodoo lagfix the phone is just as fast as any single core out there.

Also how can you say its behind on updates? We have gotten 2 ota updates already and Gingerbread is right around the corner. Its not like the Thunderbolt or Revolution has it yet.

5. treb1797

treb1797 Android Expert

May 22, 2011
    Tennessee
    I love this phone... sorry your not happy w/ it. Take it back or sell it here on phandroid or ebay. Samsung makes great phones & I'm really glad I got it now that the Galaxy is a no show on VZW. Honestly..I don't think this phone gets enough respect on the smart phone market. Everybody is spending sooooo much time talking about the next great phone to come out that they don't appreciate what is all ready out there.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Sorry to hear you don't like your phone.

However, seeing as you aren't looking for help and just don't like the phone, we're going to close this down so that others can see and note your dislikes and so others don't feel the need turn this thread into a flame fest.

Thanks for your understanding!

Gr8Jeepin and treb1797 like this.