• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's to blame for such a crappy phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaManDJ3

Aug 3, 2010
I really regret upgrading from my rooted OG droid. Wait for the BIONIC or get the Thunderbolt. This phone sucks.

That phone definitely ran better than this sh*tty Samsung. What's the point of 4G when I can't get a solid connection? I'm lucky if I ever get a GPS signal for navigation.

Is verizon or samsung to blame? The answer to that would make my future decision easier when I decide on my next phone?

Reasons Samsung ruined this phone:
-Touchwiz interface sucks
-Out of date processor
-GPS is horrible
-Unable to handle multitasking
-Inconsistent data connection

Reasons Verizon ruined this phone:
-Bloatware
-Definitely not worthy of the DROID monicker
-Way behind on updates

Reactions: Shurple
Yeah you got a bad phone. My gps locks perfectly after the latest ee4 ota and I have no issues. As for connectivity issues, are you in a good lte area? There are spots that can get lte but are intermittent. I don't know why people hate touchwiz so much. The color selection is not the best but the launcher is the better then the sense and blur lanunchers. The notification bar toggles are great compared to whats offered on the Thunderbolt, and you can access a task manager by holding down the home key.

My only complaint is that it could have more ram. With the voodoo lagfix the phone is just as fast as any single core out there.

Also how can you say its behind on updates? We have gotten 2 ota updates already and Gingerbread is right around the corner. Its not like the Thunderbolt or Revolution has it yet.

Upvote 0
I love this phone... sorry your not happy w/ it. Take it back or sell it here on phandroid or ebay. Samsung makes great phones & I'm really glad I got it now that the Galaxy is a no show on VZW. Honestly..I don't think this phone gets enough respect on the smart phone market. Everybody is spending sooooo much time talking about the next great phone to come out that they don't appreciate what is all ready out there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones