• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

why can't I buy apps at android market without creditcard?

Hi!
please help me. I bought quickoffice 3.months ago via my mobile account, no problem. Now I want to buy pocket league story and I don't seem to be able to make any other choice at Google checkout then creditcard. Google says I should talk to my operator it is possible to pay pike that, my operator says there.is nothing in my account stopping a purschase. HTC says payment through mobile accounts have been stopped in Sweden but it depends on what my operator says.
So what should I do. It is possible but still not.
Does anyone have a clue or something that could help me sort this out once and for all.
Pernilla

Verizon does I think, but AT&T doesn't.

This is not correct information. The reason I say so is that my husband is on at&t, and he uses direct carrier billing to buy apps on his Samsung galaxy. I'm his added line, but I can't purchase apps with or without credit card. I've tried everything I can think of, and I would really like some answers. It seems to me that HTC, Google, and at&t are passing the buck around. I dont care whose fault it is; I just want someone to fix it. I'm not getting the full use out of my phone this way. If anyone has any thoughts on a fix, i would really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
That is strange. My wife and I are both on ATT and we both purchased iSyncr through direct carrier billing (about $3.00 each) with no problems. I wonder if there might be a monthly limit to how much you can charge to your account on a monthly basis?

That's a thought, but when we called at&t, they said there were no blocks. Of course, I might get a different answer next time I calll.

I remember that the very first time I tried to buy something on Android market, it asked me whether I wanted direct billing or Google checkout. But now I cant figure out how to see what I picked and change it. Is there a way?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones