• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why can't I delete my own question in here?

Hmmm, not very good, I'll suggest it in the "Tech Forums: Re-Organized" thread.
what forum is there that's out there that allows members to delete their own post or thread.......answer none....at least not the ones i am on or been to. it is what it is. i doubt there will be the ability to do such in the future.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
An occasional post deletion would not be too bad on the database, yet imagine 100's (maybe not here but I belong to several sites this could apply), of deletions at a time.

Deletions are not good for the database as it disrupts the paths and flows of things.

A new thread with one post and no replies is a footprint on the database, paths, directions are built off of this. Deleting threads is not good, especially if there is one of more replies to it.

A single post within a thread the same, just not as large a print.

This is why the option is usually not allowed by the membership and left to staff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones