• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

why cant i edit one event in a recurring event.

Well I don't have any trouble doing it. I just edit it and when it asks me if I want to apply the edit to the whole series, just this one, or this one and all future ones, I select the appropriate option.

Are you editing a recurring event, or are you editing a multi-day event? They're not the same thing.

Upvote 0
Well I don't have any trouble doing it. I just edit it and when it asks me if I want to apply the edit to the whole series, just this one, or this one and all future ones, I select the appropriate option.
I've got a 1 hour long event that reoccurs weekly, but only two options I get are "Change all events in the series." and "Change this and all future events.". The option to only change one particular event is missing here as well.

Upvote 0
While we're at it, it really pisses me off that i can't set a specific time for a reminder. The limited set of '5 mins before ... 1 hour before ... 12 hours before etc' doesnt cut it if you need to remind yourself between getting up and leaving for work.

Whoever coded the calendar app has obviously never had a 2pm meeting. I can be reminded at 2am (dont feel like getting up that early thanks) or 11pm onwards (sorry, already at work, way too late), but not, apparently, say, 8:30am. Utterly, utterly useless.

Upvote 0
Get a grip. Set your meeting, with a reminder before it if required, and put another "Meeting prep" event in, if you need to do something before the meeting then it needs time in your calendar by itself. Try using your brain a bit instead of just relying on being hand-fed precisely what you want and whining about the phone being "utterly utterly useless" when you don't get it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones