• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why did you choose the S4

Bear in mind that this is a hardware feature which was just activated with the firmware MH8 and similar.

Who says other phone you buy don't have it where a simple upgrade activates it ?

Nowadays you just never know ...
It will be interesting to see. Samsung kept quiet about this until very recently. If there was any publicity given to the eFuse, I missed it. I'd be quiet surprised if Google were to release a phone with this hardware quietly but I wouldn't put it past any other manufacturer.

Samsung might have just opened up a large new market in security-conscious organisations that previously wouldn't have trust Android. If that works out for them, you can be sure everyone else will follow.

Upvote 0
For me all of the previously mentioned specs from the screen quality to the camera & hardware were pretty much tied with the htc One whick I think is the other top Android device available right now.
The build quality of the the htc One is the best I've ever seen but the lack of memory expansion & non-replaceable battery plus the fact that blinkfeed on the htc couldn't be turned off sealed the deal for me.
I'm not really interested in rooting so that stuff is a non-issue for me. All phones will end up with some type of security or efuse technology because it will help to gain market share in the corporate world.
As far as lag, I haven't noticed any at all. Then again, I speed up the transitions and animations using the developer options.
I wouldn't have minded if the home button was a capacitive button though. Capacitive button don't really wear out like physical buttons often do.
The fact that the S4 has an amoled screen is another plus because they tend to use less battery that lcd screens especially when using a black background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones