• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does it never suggest words or details I use often?

Major mark

Lurker
Dec 20, 2016
I have all accounts synced over two devices and two PC's using chrome for years but yet still I have to always type my name or email and other details I have typed in a million times.

How do I get it to suggest these on my phone and tablet to save time when typing? I don't mean autocomple.. but the words it suggests above the virtual KB. I can write my whole email address but it never guesses I'm writing it .. it doesn't even suggest a .Com or @yahoo.Com like it does with most other commonly used words or phrases.

The suggestions come from the keyboard app's dictionary, nothing to do with the app that you are typing the words into, so syncing Chrome between 2 devices won't affect the keyboard's word suggestions.

So like Mike says, try a different keyboard that will learn automatically (though there is probably a way of telling your current keyboard to add particular words to a custom dictionary, if you prefer to use that one for some reason).

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones