• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why doesnt Adblock work, or better browser?

asd3456

Feb 22, 2013
Hello,

my problem is that on this site an annoying ad comes up:

VICE | United Kingdom | The Definitive Guide to Enlightening Information

I tried dectivating flash, but appearently it isnt flash (what is it)?
Deactivating pop ups does not work either. I am using Boat browser, as it is one of the few browsers that can shut off pictures while not in wifi. Is there a better brwoser that can shut off the ads whilst having the pic feature?

Now it seems that adlock is my only hope, but it always says: No data transfer from port 2020 possible.

I have a Huawei u8650, Android 2.3.5.

Easy please, I am quite a rookie.

Thanks!

FX on the computer has extensions that go tab by tab. I use it. I can turn off all images, script and iframes per web page. FX on Windows and Ubuntu both have it. You simply click on an icon sitting on whichever bar you choose.

There are a few other extensions that do the same. this one is called TAB PERMISSIONS

You will have to pester the Mozilla foundation to add them to the FX browser for Android. They would have to get the dev to code for Android. Or find another coder.

I would like that for Boat Browser

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones