1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why is my phone different?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blair radford, Nov 30, 2014.

1. blair radford

blair radford Lurker

Two of my friends have galaxy s5's, and their lock screen is different than mine when they receive a text notification.

The first picture is mine phone, the second two are their phones. Why is mine different?
    I did in fact have that when I first got my phone. It started having problems and screwing up and not acting right, and that went away.

Why don't I have Screenshot_2014-11-30-19-52-30.png Screenshot_2014-11-30-20-00-29.jpg Screenshot_2014-11-30-19-53-08.jpg Screenshot_2014-11-30-19-52-30.png Screenshot_2014-11-30-20-00-29.jpg Screenshot_2014-11-30-19-53-08.jpg

2. blair radford

blair radford Lurker

Look at where the text notification is. Theirs has a little orange square to the left of it. Mine does not.

It's the little button to send a text in the message app.

3. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to Android Forums blair radford! :)

You may be on a different firmware version than your friends. Install Phone Info, free from the Play Store, and check what your PDA Version is compared to your friends, as you all seem to have the the AT&T variant, SM-G900A, of the S5.

4. blair radford

blair radford Lurker

See, the weird thing is, I DID have that at one point, but now I no longer do.

5. blair radford

blair radford Lurker

Why would mine be different?

6. blair radford

blair radford Lurker

I got it from AT&T.
    but I did have the thing when I first got the phone. why would it disappear? I haven't done anything to my phone.

my settings/versions are the same as theirs, by the way.

7. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Until you can give the PDA version of your phone and your friends, as mentioned in post #4, any thoughts on the subject are pure speculative and conjecture. So, why not eliminate the obvious, first.

#7 ironass, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  8. blair radford

blair radford Lurker

Alright. Where on the app that was posted is that? I got it and couldn't find it. Thought it should've been pretty clear on there but it was not.
    Sorry.

9. philayl

philayl Android Expert

No need to install an app, just go to "Settings", "About device", and look for "Baseband version", it should be something like G900FXXU1ANG2. Phil

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews