• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is the EVO second to the Incredible...accroding to PCWORLD.

I'm thrilled that there is a discussion over which is best. This is great for Android and HTC. It's great for the cellular phone community in general, it keeps everyone on their toes and keeps companies innovating!

I've been dreaming about an HD2 with Android(or WebOS) for months. EVO for me! Even though I'd be very happy with an Incredible if it was on Sprint as well, even with the $10, Sprint's prices are fantastic.

Upvote 0
Because it is SECOND to the Incredible! Suck it EVO!

Disclaimer: I don't really mean any of this because they are both top of the line in my eyes. These sexy bastards!
1273201080544.jpg

Upvote 0

So people don't have the right to discuss the differences between to comparable devices? Sounds like your taking it personal lol.

There is a big difference between an adult discussion about the pluses and minuses of a particular device than there is whining and stomping ones feet on the ground because someone insulted their toy.

Wahhhhhh, johnny said my shirt was ugly ..... wahhhhhhh

Upvote 0
Sometimes you have to take in account what one may value more may be different from what another values. Maybe he likes the screen better or the fact that it has 8gb of internal memory. Maybe its the fact that the Incredible is officially out.

My point is i could be one or a number of things why he chose the Incredible of the Evo. The same reason(s) why he chose the Incredible may be the same reasons why some choose the Evo. We cant expect this phone to get to reviews every time. I find it informative when someone may chose another phone to be better (even if by a small margin) and look into the reasons why because they may become a problem later on.

Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
I know for a fact that you can't install to the incredible's 8gig internal storage. If you go check out their forum you will see the posts

So people don't have the right to discuss the differences between to comparable devices? Sounds like your taking it personal lol.

The reason some people get upset when they read a review that has negative comments about a phone (or something else, it doesn't have to be a phone) they have decided to purchase is because they like to have their decisions and choices validated. This is human nature. They want to be told they made the correct choice regarding the computer they bought, or the new car they just purchased, or that their girlfriend/boyfriend is pretty/handsome. They want to be told they did the right thing.

So that being said I want to get Swype on my new EVO when I get it. Tell me I making a smart choice when I do that. Haha! :)

Patiently/Impatiently waiting for the release of the HTC EVO 4G.

Upvote 0
Not hard to see why its #2 to the Incredible.

• 720p recording turned out to be a marketing gimmick due to high compression.
  • Old technology TFT LCD screen on EVO vs AMOLED on Inc.
  • Slightly slower than Inc. according to reviews (maybe from Sprint bloatware?)
  • Leaving WiMAX on sucks the battery dead in ~ 3 hours
  • Overall less battery life
  • Inc. has 8gb built in memory
  • Inc, has 768mb available memory for apps, Evo 4g has only 440mb despite claims of 1gb ROM
  • No trackball or optical pad on the Evo to move your cursor around
  • Less mobile than Inc. due to its large size.
The only thing I like about the Evo is the HDMI output but who is going to actually use that often??

Upvote 0

• Old technology TFT LCD screen on EVO vs AMOLED on Inc.
  • Slightly slower than Inc. according to reviews (maybe from Sprint bloatware?)
  • Leaving WiMAX on sucks the battery dead in ~ 3 hours
  • Overall less battery life
  • Inc. has 8gb built in memory
  • Inc, has 768mb available memory for apps, Evo 4g has only 440mb despite claims of 1gb ROM
  • No trackball or optical pad on the Evo to move your cursor around
  • Less mobile than Inc. due to its large size.
The only thing I like about the Evo is the HDMI output but who is going to actually use that often??

pwnage

Upvote 0

• :rolleyes: Let's see how your tune changes when they release a software patch that enables 720p recording on your Incredible.

I'm not saying it's without its flaws, but the video recording on the Evo is better than any other phone on the market, and I'm sure the same will hold true for the Incredible if/when they unlock it.

Upvote 0
The EVO is by far the best phone on sprint, I wish the incredible was here because it is everything I want the EVO for and I wouldn't have to pay extra for 4G that I will rarely use.

Eventually, sprint will have more than 3 android phones and we will have more options, but right now the EVO is the best we can get.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones