• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why isn't there a screen cap app for unrooted phones?

Go back to the app and if it says temp root/ permanent root, it did not work. If it says re-root/ un-root, then it worked. If it didn't work, then do a reboot, and try it again. I had to try it a few times before it finally worked. Recheck what it says after each try. Should look like this when it works.
snap20101220_191618.png

Ok...thanks...will try again...if I don't blow my brains out first....

Upvote 0
Did Shootme get superuser access? Open the shootme app, and go through it's process of acquiring access, then go back and try it again.

Yes.

I've tried it several times now.

Says, "trying to start server" then I get the "shakemode is active blah blah blah you can find your screenshots under /sdcard.ShootMe" message

I press "hide", shake the phone, hear the camera noise........and nothing........

It's gotta be the Transform...what else could it be?

Now I've been doing the temporary root...I'm afraid to try the permanent...but I can do permanent and then unroot if it still doesn't work?

Upvote 0
Wow, i don't know then. Keep playing with it, or try a different screenshot app. Make sure you have root, too. If you reboot on temp root, it will lose root, and you will have to re-do it. Or un then re-install shootme.

I've tried 4 screenshot apps. It keeps telling me I have root and I haven't rebooted until now. Gonna try the permanent root and see what happens.

Thank you much for all of your help. I really can't believe there isn't something like this built into the phones already. If iPhone can do it I don't know why droid can't.

Upvote 0
Just had a quick thought. Do you have Astro File MAnager ? If you do, you might look through it to see if your screenshots are there somewhere. Maybe under Shootme.

That's what I've been using to browse them. No luck.

I think it's becoming more clear that the issue is the Transform phone. It says on the screen that the phone is rooted but no screen cap apps work. I even tried one from GIK Soft called screenshot and the first thing that pops up when I open it is a dialog box that says, "only works with rooted phones"

I try to take a screenshot with it and get "pixel format error. only 16bpp or 32 bpp are supported"

*sigh*

Never thought I'd be jealous of an Apple product.... :(

Upvote 0
Camera setting maybe? Can bits per pixel be changed?

No luck. I give up for tonight. Looks like my only hope may be the one for unrooted phones that I linked to earlier in the thread...if I could just figure out what the hell else needs to be installed to make it work.

Thank you for all of your help...I do appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones