• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi basically blinks on and off

Besides the poor ringer volume and a few hours every day w/o data its a great device...except the wifi never holds a steady signal in my house. Never had this issue with my Incredible but it's basically 30 seconds on connectivity, 1.5 minutes off. Seriously, this stuff should have been addressed long before release. Not everyone has this problem but I do and the phone has to be returned to NY where I bought it on release day, by Wednesday. Sucks because I live in CA and its been a real problem. VZW coprporate stores here won't help me...starting to hate this thing with a passion, a huge nightmare. I would not suggest this phone to anyone, an absoulute POS. Maybe I got a lemon?

Besides the poor ringer volume and a few hours every day w/o data its a great device...except the wifi never holds a steady signal in my house. Never had this issue with my Incredible but it's basically 30 seconds on connectivity, 1.5 minutes off. Seriously, this stuff should have been addressed long before release. Not everyone has this problem but I do and the phone has to be returned to NY where I bought it on release day, by Wednesday. Sucks because I live in CA and its been a real problem. VZW coprporate stores here won't help me...starting to hate this thing with a passion, a huge nightmare. I would not suggest this phone to anyone, an absoulute POS. Maybe I got a lemon?

I hadn't seen this until today. Could just be an incompatibility with a particular WAP. In my case, my phone was TWO FEET from the WAP. I noticed the wifi signal disappearing briefly, then coming back for a second (gray) then turning blue. The net result was the transfer I was in the middle of kept dying off and taking way longer than it should have. Not sure if this is quite the same as what you were seeing, since mine was only off for maybe 10-15 seconds it seemed. But that was plenty enough time to screw up an in-flight transfer. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones