• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi calling

This is from the Virgin Mobile site. I assume you tried this?

Activate Wi-Fi calling
  1. Before activating Wi-Fi Calling, make sure Wi-Fi is enabled and the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Once the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, from the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.

2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. In the Networks tab, tap Wi-Fi Calling.

4. Tap the Wi-Fi Calling switch to turn it ON.

Note: If Wi-Fi Calling is already turned on, skip this step.

If a Location Services Disabled window appears, tap Enable, then tap the Location switch to ON. If needed, navigate back to the Wi-Fi Calling screen.

5. Verify the information displayed is accurate, otherwise, enter the correct information.

When finished, tap Next.

6. The phone will automatically add the current Wi-Fi network to the WI-FI CALLING NETWORKS list.

Wi-Fi Calling is now set up.

Note: The location information can be updated as needed by tapping Update Registered Location.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hey Steven, so here's the rest of the story, fyi. I did what you suggested, I called Virgin, and they activated the function manually at their end. They said I should turn the phone off and back on, and the function would then work. I did this three times, and still couldn't find it, so I called Virgin again, and this time they told me that the Samsung S7 doesn't support wifi calling. So that's that. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I cannot get the WiFi calling and today Vodafone have told me that 'we will not be able to get your Wifi calling to work as the firmware that is built into your device is not from the UK market, it has international coding that is not comp[atible with our software.' Is there any other way of using my home wifi to make calls other that WhatsApp? I have a very poor sinal in my home area.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones