• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi Connects, Data Does Not Load

Occulence

Lurker
Sep 6, 2011
Ever since last Friday Night, my HTC Inspire has been on the fritz. I came home from college that day, and I distinctly remember up to the point of leaving, I was still getting Facebook chat updates and such sent to my phone, because I was connected to my school's wireless. I could still browse the internet as well.

I then went to Kansas City Saturday night, and tried hopping on the internet at an antique mall (it notified me that the WiFi had a strong signal, and it said I connected fine), but I opened the internet, and no web page would come up, as well as no updates would come through the Facebook App or Twitter. When I tried to browse, I got this message, which I have got every since no matter where I am connected to;

- Check to make sure your device has a signal and data connection.
- Reload this web page later.
- View a cached copy of the web page from Google.

After this, we went to a Kansas City Royals game, and I noticed they also had a strong wireless signal, so I tried to hop on there. Nothing worked, again, and the same message came up.

At this point, I figured I was just unlucky, but having got back to College, I've tried to connect to THE SAME WiFi I was connected to last week, and I am encountering the same problem.

I don't use the mobile network because I don't have an unlimited data plan, but the one time I turned it on over the weekend, nothing would load, but I'm sure it was just slow.

Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones