1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Wifi disconnects on screen sleep

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by David Orbeton, Dec 9, 2014.

1. David Orbeton

David Orbeton Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2014
    Male
    On my Moto G (CDMA Boost Mobile) when it is on wifi streaming, The wifi turns off when the screen goes to sleep. I have changed the settings for it to wifi stay on but it still does it. I have tried an app that over rides and that did no good. As I purchased this phone to replace an ipod touch it is a major inconvenience.
    Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums.

What are the settings that you changed?

... Thom

3. David Orbeton

David Orbeton Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2014
    Male
    Thom, I change the advanced wifi setting , Keep wifi on during sleep, to always. I also tried installing "Keep wifi alive " from the google play store. This worked great on my Nexus 7 tablet. It made no difference on the Moto G

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.