• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi Hotspot name issues

Tendo87

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
I use my Nexus One as a WiFi Hotspot a lot. One thing I've noticed is that everytime I connect my Laptop to it, it connects to my Nexus One as if it's a brand new access point, and it'll add a number to the end of the access points name, 1,2,3 ect. moving up each time I connect. I'm just wondering if this is due to the ISP being slightly different each time, or if it's just my Laptop being odd.

My laptop is an HP running Windows 7 64 bit home edition. Nexus One is 2.2 running FRF91.

If anyone knows why it does this or how to fix it, let me know.

Well it's not really a "Problem" just annoying.

I did find out though if I have my Laptop set to auto connect to my phone when the WiFi is on, and turn the Hotspot on before I bring my Laptop out of sleep mode, it connects like normal, not like it's brand new.

Oh well, I still love the Hotspot feature

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones