• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi issue, helppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apollower

Lurker
Apr 5, 2013
Okay, I've had this problem since dead on 12am this morning, my wifi bar is almost full except for one bar, (it's connected) however I cannot access anything online, it just loads for a while. I've tried dialling that number and putting the wifi power save off, that didn't work. I have an ordinary router, so I cannot change any settings on that, and all other devices, such as 2 laptops, my PS3 and other phones can connect to the router with no problem. Help me?! :(

Have you tried a different browser?

Have you tried connecting to the internet without using wifi? Does is still refuse to connect?

Just thinking maybe it's your provider having issues and not the phone.

Hopefully someone will chime in soon with more helpful suggestions :eek:.

It doesn't connect to anything at all, any app, I've tried everything.

Upvote 0
Okay, I've had this problem since dead on 12am this morning, my wifi bar is almost full except for one bar, (it's connected) however I cannot access anything online, it just loads for a while. I've tried dialling that number and putting the wifi power save off, that didn't work. I have an ordinary router, so I cannot change any settings on that, and all other devices, such as 2 laptops, my PS3 and other phones can connect to the router with no problem. Help me?! :(

Does the device connect to other routers? If so, you've got some checking to do in configuration of your network/wifi settings AND the home router. Sometimes the channel a home router is on can get crowded and needs to be changed (1-11).

Also, as DragonSlayer tells you, a full restart of the router can wash out many issues.

But it sounds like you need to do the cache and data clearing of all network connecting related apps and widgets. That can be tedious but worth it. Then reboot.

But first find out if it's just a malplaced or dirty sim card by shutting down the phone and pulling out the sim card (very carefully), waiting a minute or so, then putting it back in and boot up.

Reactions: Apollower
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones