• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi keeps on disconnecting in Samsung galaxy Tab A

Netravathi S

Lurker
Apr 3, 2019
Hi,
In Samsung Galaxy Tab A (model number SM-T285) and Android version is 5.1.1, wifi keeps on disconnecting and not connecting back. There are other devices(Samsung Galaxy J6 and android version 8.0.0) connected to same Access point, in those I did not see wifi disconnecting issue and our local network does not have internet connection.I tried to fix the issue by changing wifi settings -> Always allow scanning to scan always, but still device keeps on disconnecting. Can any one please help me with this issue.
Thank You.

Last edited:
Has this problem been happening for a long time (weeks or months) or did it just start recently?
Also, is it in just one location (i.e. your home) or has it been happening while connecting to several different WiFi networks?

If this is just something happening at home, as @Dannydet suggested, one of the first things to try is just restart your router. Restart your Tab A too if you haven't in a while. Also, how far away from your router are you when the connection drops? Which also leads to the question, what kind of router do you have? Is it an ISP-supplied modem/router unit or do you have your own, separate router?
Try installing this WiFiAnalyzer app, it's an Open Source, no ads utility you can use to check the signal strength of your home WiFi:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer&hl=en_US
If you haven't already, try going in your Settings >> Wi-Fi menu and delete the WiFi entry that keeps dropping out, and then just re-enter it again.
But if this problem is happening in multiple locations, that's an indicator there's something else going on.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Has this problem been happening for a long time (weeks or months) or did it just start recently?
Also, is it in just one location (i.e. your home) or has it been happening while connecting to several different WiFi networks?

If this is just something happening at home, as @Dannydet suggested, one of the first things to try is just restart your router. Restart your Tab A too if you haven't in a while. Also, how far away from your router are you when the connection drops? Which also leads to the question, what kind of router do you have? Is it an ISP-supplied modem/router unit or do you have your own, separate router?
Try installing this WiFiAnalyzer app, it's an Open Source, no ads utility you can use to check the signal strength of your home WiFi:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer&hl=en_US
If you haven't already, try going in your Settings >> Wi-Fi menu and delete the WiFi entry that keeps dropping out, and then just re-enter it again.

yes problem this problem is been happening for months. There are other devices (samsung Galaxy J6 phones android version 8.0.0) connected to the same router, but in these devices I am not facing any issue.
Distance between the router and device is not that far (around 5 meter).
The router is our own.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
OK, but restarting your router is still a recommended suggestion. It's irrelevant that other devices aren't having problems with your home WiFi, the issue you need to focus on is what's going on with this Tab A.
-- On this Tab A, try deleting the WiFi network entry in the Settings >> Wi-Fi menu and re-add it.
-- If this problem is a persistent one where this Tab A is having issues with other WiFi networks, it might be necessary to do a network setting reset. With Lollipop it 'might' be:
https://www.bestusefultips.com/reset-network-settings-android-phone/
The issue being that with different phones this option is buried in different locations within the Settings menu (especially with Samsung) so you might need to dig around a bit to locate it.

Upvote 0
My Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) SM-T510 simple refused to work properly on 5Ghz wifi, no matter what I did.

My solution was to go into my router device's admin page, and create two seperately named network SSIDs for the different frequencies:

- My 2.4Ghz Wifi network
- My 5Ghz Wifi network

I set the tablet to only use "My 2.4Ghz Wifi network", and no issues since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones