• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi on Tablet verrrrrry Slow

NeVeREire

Lurker
Oct 19, 2012
Hi All,

This is my 1st time owning an Android device.

I purchased one of these </title><meta name="description" content="10.2" Tablet PC,Superpad 8,Flytouch 8,Android 4.0.4 ICS, 32GB, 1.2GHZ 1GB DDR3 in Computers Tablets Networking , iPads Tablets eBook Readers |eBay"><meta name="keywords" content="10.2" Tablet PC,Superpad 8,Fl

It came with ( i think the latest firmware )

But the wifi is so slow on it.

My connection at home when wired is over 30MB
On my wireless laptop it's 20mb +
on my iphone i'm getting over 15MB changes from 10 - 17mb..

But the tablet is not even getting to 1mb.. most times it's below .5mb.

I've not done anything to it.. Does anyone have any idea as to why it's so slow.

Or have an idea of how to increase the speed ?

I'm sorry if this is not the correct area to post. I couldn't see a support area.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.
David.

You are perfectly alright with posting this question here.

Have you tried plugging in the ethernet to see if it does speed up to the speeds it should be running at?

Otherwise you could try rebooting the device, i am unfamiliar with said device and do not know if you can perform a battery reset, by removing the battery and restarting the device, if you can remove the battery do this.

Otherwise get back to me :)

Upvote 0
Ok i've plugged it in and i'm getting over 20MB on the speed test.

What are my options ? Would the frequency of the wifi be making it slower ?

If all my other wireless things are working ok what could the problem be

I've tired the reboot..

But i've no idea where the battery is .. and I don't want to start taking this apart as it will void my warranty.

thanks.

Upvote 0
It's probably got duff wifi, something that can often happen with the budget off-brand Chinese tablets sold on Ebay. Only thing you can really do is to return it for refund or replacement.

I changed the frequency of the wireless router to 6 ( was 11 ) and now my speed is normal :)

There must have been to many wireless signals using 10/11/12 ..

Reactions: helleye
Upvote 0
If you'd like to see what WiFi channels are in use, you can get an app called WiFiAnalyzer, or WiFiAnalytics. They will show you all the traffic in your area, along with lots of other info. You can then choose a channel that has the least congestion.

A lot of WiFi devices use channel 11 as a default choice. I use the above apps to check traffic anytime my WiFi seems to be running slow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones