• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi problem

What i would do is email the support department via the HTC website, first. They answer quickly, at least in my experience. Explain the situation and wait for their reply. They might either give you a set of instructions or ask you to send in the phone.

I sent mine in to HTC just before the year was up, three weeks back, due to a similar wifi/mobile network issue that sprung up after that Feb update, and a booting problem (it was stuck on hboot). My phone was actually unlocked, and they still fixed it for me, so you never know. Good luck.

Upvote 0
I too have noticed that WiFi wants to act weird [or not connect] when mobile signal is very weak [1 or no bars]. Its like if it can't handshake w/ mobile, it won't hand over the reigns to WiFi. The WiFi does work for me w/ strong signal oddly. Now, this could be a static vs dhcp issue as well [the network at 1 or no bars is static; connect fine w/ good signal on dhcp [[mcdonalds]]], but I'm just observing. This seems to be a device-specific issue as my other androids connect at same [bunkered] location, but signal from any carrier is sparse to non-existent. Curious indeed.. I'm digging at it in spare time.

Regards,
Rob

Upvote 0
I too have noticed that WiFi wants to act weird [or not connect] when mobile signal is very weak [1 or no bars]. Its like if it can't handshake w/ mobile, it won't hand over the reigns to WiFi. The WiFi does work for me w/ strong signal oddly. Now, this could be a static vs dhcp issue as well [the network at 1 or no bars is static; connect fine w/ good signal on dhcp [[mcdonalds]]], but I'm just observing. This seems to be a device-specific issue as my other androids connect at same [bunkered] location, but signal from any carrier is sparse to non-existent. Curious indeed.. I'm digging at it in spare time.

Regards,
Rob

Yeah, I did figure out my wifi problem it was from flashing a recovery wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones