• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi Problem

mak916

Android Expert
Apr 13, 2010
I am having a problem connecting and staying connected to WiFi on the Note 4. If I turn WiFi on, it will not come on unless I restart the phone. Then after I get it to come on, it will stop working if I stop using the phone. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? And no it is not my home WiFi that is the problem. It happens on any WiFi network I try to connect to.

I am having a problem connecting and staying connected to WiFi on the Note 4. If I turn WiFi on, it will not come on unless I restart the phone. Then after I get it to come on, it will stop working if I stop using the phone. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? And no it is not my home WiFi that is the problem. It happens on any WiFi network I try to connect to.

Her's what I think is happening; the reason you need to restart your device to connect is because the wi-fi driver software somehow fails when the device is not connected. Restarting is like rebooting the phone, all the drivers work a fresh. You can either look for updates of your device software, or you can backup you data and factory reset.

Upvote 0
Her's what I think is happening; the reason you need to restart your device to connect is because the wi-fi driver software somehow fails when the device is not connected. Restarting is like rebooting the phone, all the drivers work a fresh. You can either look for updates of your device software, or you can backup you data and factory reset.

I was thinking about doing a factory reset since I still haven't done much to set up the phone. But I'll do that as a last resort. If that doesn't work, I'll have them give me a new one.

Upvote 0
I am thinking there is a WiFi issue. It has now a few times refused to connect to my WiFi access point sometimes until I reboot the phone. It won't connect on the 5Ghz band nor the 2.4Ghz band when it happens. Meanwhile, my Note 2, iPhone 6, and LG G3 have no problems connecting. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's been a few times now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones