• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi turns on, knocks out navigator

A

Android Question

I have the Android ZTE phone I purchased from Boost. Turn off Wfi when using the navigator. The WIFI turns back on asking me to connect to XFINITY, if I do nothing the screen turns off. Here I am traveling down the tollway with no direction. I am forced to bring screen back with my code, turn off WIFI then turn navigator back on. This is a life threatening situation. If I turn WIFI off it should never turn back on. How do I stop this?

get a GPS and throw the phone on the floor and leave it there!

you are going to get yourself into a Life Threatening situation just fooling with the damn phone.

In Oklahoma, that is a Wallet Threatening situation, and a fine equivalent to driving with a DUI.... and 10 years w/o a Driver's License... can you afford that?

don't be doing it..... use a good GPS, once it is set, it will not screw with your life.

I love the Garmin 2797, fantastic info display

Upvote 0
this is not a funny thing to be trying to do....
and I equate it to asking us how to commit fraud, or hack a user's phone.

Two years ago, November 1st, the very first day of our new law about DUI and objects interfering with your driving.
( cellphones, car radio, twisting around backwards in the seat for something ) a woman of 21 years of age, left the town of Bartlesville, Oklahoma heading south on US-75

a few miles south of the city limits she T-bones a car coming out of a side road at 90+ miles per hour....
Her blood/alcohol was 4 times the legal limit, she had 13 ( yes, thirteen ) previous DUI tickets on her record....

She killed two seniors that were roughly about 70 years old.... instantly....

The State's Attorney General made good on his promise to Railroad the very first person to commit that felony and send them to prison for life..... he meant it, and 10 days later, she met the judge and is now serving Life Without Parole....

add to that, she has 3 little babies between 18 months and 5 years old.... All of them were in the car when she hit the folks in the other car.

End of Sermon:

get rid of that phone, use a GPS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones