• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will HTC follow the path of Palm?

jjtech

Oct 7, 2010
About a year ago, my company started encouraging our clients to go with the HTC EVO. Although it had some bugs, it was a pretty good device and support (given the phone was just introduced) was outstanding!

Unfortunately, support and quality control is very poor! Is HTC growing too fast? Are they asking too much of their tech staff? Does their development staff have the time and talent to put out good software. Everyone is very courtesy and they try to be helpful but most of the time we have to explain how something is supposed to work before we even get into the bug! The current level of HTC SYNC is terrible! 2.3.3. has seemingly given us more problems than we had with the previous release.

They have told us that they don

HTC won't go the way of Palm. Palm had much bigger problems than some bugs in their phones.

As for the Evo, yeah, the Gingerbread update was not the best. For the Swype keyboard disappearing (which I've had happen several times), just long-press the text input box and select the stock keyboard, then switch back. The phone connection issue I've only seen a handful of times, but I've also seen it on older phones so I chalk that up to a problem with Sprint, not necessarily the Evo.

Reactions: jjtech
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones